• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shield

Best show on TV by far.

Comes on every Tuesday @ 10 pm on FX.

Man I love that show.

Just an FYI.

The Shield brings it every season. not like other shows that fall off after awhile... (24 this season)

Comment

24 definitely has fallen off. Same story line over and over, though still entertaining but nothing new.

The Shield was again phenomenal last night. Love it.

Comment

Think this is Kevin's favorite show!
        He was getting all excited one night asking me if I ever watched it!
        Same thing with my family.........."Do you Tivo The Shield"
        So finally last week I watched my first one.
        The bald dude was make a deal with the Russian Mob and Street Meds!
        Not a bad show...........What season are they in? I'm always a few years behind like the Sopranos! When I started to like that show they went in a different direction!

BB
        "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Billy - They are in Season 6 now (season 7 will be the last). I picked it up last year and then bought the previous 4 seasons and watched them. Really is an unbelievably good show. You don't know who to like and who to hate, and what is right and what is wrong.

Michael Chiklis (Vic) really makes the show go, and adding Forrest Whitaker (I.A.D. cop, Kavanaugh) really took the show to a new level. If you have the time I would recommend starting from the beginning because the premier episode really sets up the entire show and all the seasons. You can definitely watch it as they go this season and then catch up (as I did last season), but if you have TiVo and the time then starting from the beginning is the way to go.

Comment

Keep em in the hole , DOWN in the hole

I love THE WIRE , but my parents are huge SHIELD fans ...
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Anybody ever get into Deadwood on HBO? That is/was my favorite. Was pissed when I heard it became too expensive to make and they were cutting it short after 3 seasons. I hear they are making 2 2hr movies though...bc fans wrote HBO and bitched. Still pissed it's gone though....
              If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
              What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

the shield is by far the best show on television. i have not missed a show since its premiere .....

looking foward to entourage on sunday...sopranos lost me after season 3

the wire is a new show im getting into omar is the best character on television i think

on deadwood they couldnt afford to keep it going because the set cost so much money from what i read, same as Rome
                Back for 2008
                MLB Baseball 2-6 -1005 Yuck

1 Unit= $100

The Dreammmm

Comment

Did anybody laugh when Shane was banging that young chick behind the building. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                    Did anybody laugh when Shane was banging that young chick behind the building. LOL
                    You knew it was gonna happen.

Man they are really setting him up to be the bad guy.

I'm thinking Dutch is gonna save the strike team and Mackey figures out who killed Lem.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheRaven View Post
                      You knew it was gonna happen.

Man they are really setting him up to be the bad guy.

I'm thinking Dutch is gonna save the strike team and Mackey figures out who killed Lem.
                      Mackey is technically a bad guy. That's the beauty of the show. Shane and Mackey are both bad guys, but good cops. Lem was really the only good guy on the Strike Team. Ronnie is just a follower. The two others killed cops for their own benefit, but you see all the **** they do and think they are good guys. What a show.

Entourage is great too. Whoever said someone was the best character on TV is wrong, because without a doubt, Ari Gold is.

Comment

Swearingen

is the best character on TV ... :sm:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                          is the best character on TV ... :sm:
                          f*cking cocksuckers....
                          Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                            I love THE WIRE , but my parents are huge SHIELD fans ...
                            Yeah I think The Wire is the best show on TV but I can't get anyone else I know to watch it.
                            “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerAndy View Post
                              Yeah I think The Wire is the best show on TV but I can't get anyone else I know to watch it.
                              ya gotta keep the devil , DOWN IN THE HOLE .. keep him in the hole, DOWN IN THE HOLE

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
                              X