Paypal Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Questions

i recently bought a bumper off a guy from a car forum. we spoke through emails, instant messaging,telephone and he sent pictures of the stuff. i still have the messages he sent me. he assured me that it was in pristine condition or else i wouldnt have bought it because the one i had was in pretty bad shape. i go and pay him through paypal. i finally get it today and its got all these scratches and dents on it. and i'm thinking no way the packaging ruined it because it was done incredibly well and plus it doesnt even look like packaging damage.

right now i am freakin pissed and i want my money back. my question is if i plan on sending the bumper back and the seller refuses to refund me my money, will paypal have me covered in this situation since i was sent a product that not as it was described? someone help me out thanks.

dont send it back yet!

File A Claim with Paypal, "Not As Described" Paypal will investigate and make a decision(normally the buyers wins)

Then you can send it back make sure you have delivery/signature confirmation

Now in order for you to get your money back, the seller has to have funds available in his paypal account.

If you used your credit card, file a claim with them too..

:th:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
      dont send it back yet!

File A Claim with Paypal, "Not As Described" Paypal will investigate and make a decision(normally the buyers wins)

Then you can send it back make sure you have delivery/signature confirmation

Now in order for you to get your money back, the seller has to have funds available in his paypal account.

If you used your credit card, file a claim with them too..

:th:
      and if he doesnt have the funds in his account, then what?

Comment

Originally posted by SammyJ View Post
        and if he doesnt have the funds in his account, then what?

does this guy sell regularly? If he is an "active" seller, and accepts paypal, then paypal would put a hold on the funds.

Comment

I would call him and talk to him. tell him you want your money back and see what he has to say. He may just send you the money and you send it back. I buy stuff off of forums for paintball and most the people are cool about sending your money back.
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

MY APOLOGIES......I had to edit this post as I misread the title to be PAPAL Questions, as in dealing with The Pope! I was gonna tell ya that he only answers to a higher authority and that if you bought a bumper off of him it probably won't fit anything in the US since it probably came from a Fiat....LMAO

No just kidding SammyJ....I hope you get it straightened out, if not lemme know cause I have a couple of friends named Guido and Vito....
            Last edited by joepa66; 04-10-2007, 07:07 AM.
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
              MY APOLOGIES......I had to edit this post as I misread the title to be PAPAL Questions, as in dealing with The Pope! I was gonna tell ya that he only answers to a higher authority and that if you bought a bumper off of him it probably won't fit anything in the US since it probably came from a Fiat....LMAO

No just kidding SammyJ....I hope you get it straightened out, if not lemme know cause I have a couple of friends named Guido and Vito....
              that would be very helpful too. hopefully they wont make it too messy. thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

SammyJ, Good advice above. I know you didn't make the purchase on ebay, but look on their 'problems' page especially where it applied to Paypal. I never received a camera paid for with paypal and was pissed, and took the time to file all the various complaint avenues including federal. It took a few weeks but it was paypal who came through and refunded every penny to my account (file any federal and state complaints first and then make sure paypal is aware that you filed this other stuff. I also agree with Birdsfan to try talking first (this case I might make reasonable compromise to eat shipping or some concession to get the guy to work things out). I know of one or two case histories involving exactly this situation and will try to find and post them.

Comment

Working...
                X