thank the lord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank the lord

finally, someone worth listening to on mnf. Kornhole is out and Gruden is in. I can't stand Kornhole, the guy doesn't say anything intelligent during any game. just talks about what is hot in the media or something about football but not directly related to football. Gruden should be great to listen to. i hope he's honest.

Wow, that is GREAT news. Thanks for reporting it!

I personally think Gruden is the type that can ONLY be honest in the way he tells it.

Am really looking forward to hearing him. I couldn't agree more, Kornheiser is too whiney or SOMETHING.
    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

Yea, hearing how he wants to suck off Tom Brady every Monday night was getting really sickening

Comment

I actually liked Tony and didn't want to see him go. I think he's pretty knowledgeable about the game in general, but I'll give you this, there were a lot of times where he was trying to inject "Dennis Milleresque" jokes in more than he probably should have. He left on his own accord from what I know, so I gather from that they thought he was doing a good job.

I do think it's hard being the 3rd wheel announcing MNF. It seems pretty obvious they've been using the 3rd guy as a publicity stunt for years now.

I will certainly give Gruden a chance, but I can see him being pretty cut and dry. Not sure how much personality he has outside of being argumentative, but we shall see. And I will definitely be watching regardless of who is announcing.

Gruden should be great to listen to. i hope he's honest.
        Tony was honest to a fault. I don't see how you can question the man's integrity, if you are implying Tony wasn't honest.
        Last edited by ncsucharlie; 05-19-2009, 07:25 PM.
        2009 NCAA Football
        Record: 41-38-1
        +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
        Record: 11-14-0
        +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
        Record: 15-15-2
        +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

I wasn't taking anything away from kornhole's honesty, Gruden just has the reputation of telling it like it is whether its something that should be said or not. I want him to point out mistakes, I don't want the constant buttering up of quarterbacks and teams in general and I think Gruden more so than anyone else will be the one to discuss things lke that rather than Tony having no clue what a silent count is or anything like that. I will say though that Gruden could be sort of dry like you said. Combine that with Tirico who is also very boring and dry and we might be left with yet another not so good monday night crew. I didn't like tony because he is just another voice from the media and we certainly don't need anymore of those. I wanted another "real" football guy is all.

Comment

Point taken. I should have also mentioned I'm biased since I love that PTI show on ESPN, so I naturally like Tony and Wilbon.

I just can't wait for football season to get here!
            2009 NCAA Football

2009 NFL Football

2009-10 NBA Basketball

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Gruden is sucking it up this preseason game. He makes me want to punch myself in the face. I can see him being fired mid-season ala Bobby Bowden. Hopefully he gets better as the year goes along. This is NOT an upgrade over Kornheiser, IMO.
              2009 NCAA Football

2009 NFL Football

2009-10 NBA Basketball

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Working...
              X