Anybody care?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody care?

Does anybody give a hoot about this huge ruckus about Don Imus?

People need to get a life.

I agree...enough already...the media likes to fuel the fire...

AND...especcially when hypocrites Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get involved... :bang:

Comment

what Imus said was a weak attempt at being funny, it wasn't the first time he's made comments like this, and it won't be the last (especially since he'll probably get an 8 figure contract working at Serius or XM now). It's also what devoted Imus listeners expect from him. But Imus isn't the problem with society today, it's the idiots who write/compose songs about Rape, Cop Killing, using unnecessary language to try to get some certain point accross. It's Chris Rock using the "N" word 100 time in each of his shows. It's movie writers writing and actors reciting words that in society today shouldn't be voiced. It's (in this case) CBS and MSNBC folding to the pressure from Jesse and Al.

Jim Brown, in my opinion, said it best. Scociety needs to stop being "reactive", and start being "proactive".
      :dunno:
      Last edited by Silver & Black; 04-13-2007, 02:15 PM.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

Don't mean to offend!

I don't mean to offend anybody. I just read this and I do agree with it. Take it for what you will.

www.kansascity.com | 04/11/2007 | Imus isn’t the real bad guy
        From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Its f'king wrong....:ohman: I speak worst shiat than that all the time, and I dont get any media attention... :drunk:

Comment

Imus is irrelevant, and gets terrible ratings...even with Stern gone to Satellitte, he pulls in 0.2 ratings, and doesn't even crack the top 20 in NY morning radio. That's right., top 20.

Baba Booey to y'all.

Shorts/S&B...I agree...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              Imus is irrelevant, and gets terrible ratings...even with Stern gone to Satellitte, he pulls in 0.2 ratings, and doesn't even crack the top 20 in NY morning radio. That's right., top 20.

Baba Booey to y'all.

Shorts/S&B...I agree...
              JML - I don't mean this as an attack on you or anything, but I think you are way off base. I know we chat a lot so I know you won't think I'm attacking you, but I had to chime in here a bit and respectfully disagree.

Imus is most certainly not irrelevant. I'm not sure what his ratings are, I know MSNBC sucks and gets killed by Fox News but I believe Imus is a top rated show on MSNBC. I could be wrong though. Also, how is he not in the Top 20 in NY? Do you have proof of that (just curious)? I assume it's because he's on AM Radio that might affect it, but I find it amazing he's not in the Top 20? Interesting.

Lastly, Imus is a VERY important media outlet in the political landscape of this country because if you are running for public office, including the President, and you come through this area, you most certainly HAVE to go on 'Imus in the Morning'. It's not even a question. It's a given. I don't want to call you misinformed by any means, but Don Imus has made the careers of A LOT of prominent politicians and radio/talk show hosts in this country by promoting them and backing them and having them on his show (including that loser Tim Russert who threw Imus under the bus like the coward Russert is, by not supporting him). Imus made that guy MILLIONS and put him on the map with the books about his family/father and exposure and everything he did for Russert. There are plenty of others, but no need to list them all.

I think it's all overblown, he's obviously not a racist. That's his act. He makes fun of EVERYONE. He apologized and was contrite and remorseful. I'm not by any means saying what he said about the innocent Rutgers girls was okay, but he shouldn't have been fired. He got fired because corporate America has no set of balls, and only cares about image and money instead of doing the right thing. They are saying WFAN (Imus home, at 660AM-NY) has lost MORE sponsors because he was fired then because of what he said and sponsors pulling out! He should have been suspended for a lengthy period (maybe 2-3 months), and then been allowed back.

The two biggest racists, and frauds of human beings, in this country are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Take a look in your respective closets "Reverends" and tell me there are are no skeletons. Who asked Al Sharpton to get involved in this anyway? Vivian Stringer or Rutgers AD Bob Mulchaly certainly didn't? And today, Stringer and the girls accepted Don's apology after they met last night. Sharpton and Jackson do more damage to this country's racial tensions than good. It's a joke, and a hypocrisy.

Lastly, for those who don't know, Don Imus raises MILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars for children suffering from SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), and other diseases that children suffer from. The gutless powers that be, from MSNBC and CBS, fired him DURING HIS 2 DAY TELETHON that is currently going on, and basically banned him from the microphone (He was allowed to go on for 20 minutes today and that's it, and he chose not. His wife stepped in for him). MSNBC fired him on the eve of the telethon and CBS fired him yesterday at 4:30 DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE TELETHON! The night before, they asked him if he could move the event, which takes half the year to plan, somehow. Absolutely gutless! They couldn't have waited until Monday to fire the guy?

Thankfully, they are currently having their most successful, grass roots type telethon ever (since certain sponsors pulled their donations, again classless to back out on a committment to support sick children), and the general public has stepped up and taken over the slack corporate America bailed out on. I believe they are currently just over 3.5 million dollars raised for the 'Imus Ranch' which SAVES KIDS LIVES.

Quite a victory for America firing a well respected, 35 year radio and media pioneer who has already been forgiven for an inappropriate and highly insensitive joke, huh?
              Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM. Reason: edited comments/typos

Comment

Hmmmmm I do think its pretty funny that the Rev. Al Sharpton's and Jackson are no where to be found with the Duke lacrosse case now!

Charges were dropped against the Duke lacrosse players and the North Carolina Attorney General has called it a "tragic rush to accuse".

Wonder how long it will be before Rev. Al Sharpton says "They got away with it this time"?

When will Rev. Jesse Jackson hop on a plane to go console the woman who accused the players?

This Imus thing is hugh for them now........They are just hoping the duke thing goes away and everyone will forget they were calling for the nuts of the lacrosse players!

**** this **** and those two nappy head money hungry little bitches! It is such a shame that the African American community continues to support these criminals!!!!!

BB:bang:
                "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  Lastly, for those who don't know, Don Imus raises MILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars for children suffering from SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), and other diseases that children suffer from. The gutless powers that be, from MSNBC and CBS, fired him DURING HIS 2 DAY TELETHON that is currently going on, and basically banned him from the microphone (He was allowed to go on for 20 minutes today and that's it, and he chose not. His wife stepped in for him). MSNBC fired him on the eve of the telethon and CBS fired him yesterday at 4:30 DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE TELETHON! The night before, they asked him if he could move the event, which takes half the year to plan, somehow. Absolutely gutless! They couldn't have waited until Monday to fire the guy?
                  Kids don't suffer from SIDS, they die from it. He is raising money for the research to prevent it and other diseases from happening to other infants and children. When's the last time either of those opportunity-seeking cum-sucking Reverends had such an impact with fundraisers for those less fortunate than themselves? I'd say never. They only appear to support very, very specific groups of people. I don't care what anyone says, they are *not* uniters, they are dividers in the most blatant way, and they are never held accountable for what they say (i.e. calling out those INNOCENT Duke lacrosse players last year...where are they now? Do you think they are going to apologize for that? No f'ing way!).

But I agree with pretty much everything else you've pointed out. This was way overblown, and all of those people Imus made didn't step forward for the guy out of fear of appearing racist.
                  If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                  What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Was his comment racist or sexist? Can a white person be nappy headed? Or is nappy headed only a slang that can be used by the african american culture because they invented the term?I am confused how this is a race issue at all and not just a gender/sexist issue? Were there not white ladies on the Rutgers bb team? I thought I saw a couple. Oh I see it is a race thing because Sharpton and Jackson are involved and therefore if they make it about race it means $$$ for their pockets. We know they dont do anything unless they can make it white vs black. Black vs black does not work as can be seen from their furor over the 48 african americans NFL ballers arrested last year, hmmm wonder why they are not concerned with that, and how that portray's on the african american community?Where was this united front when Hardaway slammed homosexuals?Were his comments not hate filled against a certain segment of the population. Thats right he is one of theirs so how could they make money off of that. The social inequity in this country is a joke, especially when you have two so called leaders in the african american community that can prey upon their own people and use them as pawns to forward their own racist agendas. What Imus said was wrong as it can be and he is an idiot for saying it. The sheep that follow these two so called leaders that prey on their emotions and past civil liberty violations against them to make $$$$ for themselves is so much worse. The irony of it all is that it comes at a time of total vindication for the Dukies, that these two bigots called for to have their heads on a platter without any evidence, because it was 3 white boys and a black stripper. Hmmm dont need to be a phi beta kappa to figure this one out. Where is there apology for calling these boys dead men walking? Oh its not needed because they are white. Unfortunately these fools do more to set back the equitable race balance than to forward it. They are not even close to the admirable civil libertaians that King and X were. They are a joke to anyone that has half a brain and until they are gone....it will be on big :bang: for everybody.

Comment

No problem Cuse...and I actually agree with most of what you said...he is getting railroaded, and two hypocrites are leading the charge with Rev1 and Rev2. Jesse Jackson can call New York "Heimytown", a direct slur towards Jews, but he'll get on his horse for this of course...a comment made on a spontaneous comedy radio program. It was wrong, but this wrong? He appologized, met with Rutgers reps, he is doing things to try and make things better, and the Revs are going on with numerous inflamatory rants. And Sharpton? Please...the whole Tawana Brawley/Steven Pagones ordeal? In fact...search "Sharpton" and "hypocrite" and I bet you get millions of hits.

About the ratings ....I'm a big Stern fan, and he likes to quote the ratings book all the time as a jab at Imus...no real proof, sorry, Cuse. I just remember him saying a couple days ago it's 0.1 and 0.2 area. And I remember him saying a while ago he was 20-something in the market. I shouldn't have said it without proof though, sorry man. Imus did always manage to get sponsors inspite of his ratings because if the influence of his show, his longevity, and the demographics of his listeners.

Oh...and Cuse, you said "lastly" twice. LOL.
                      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-13-2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

One thing I learned along time ago. Put yourself in the other persons position. I did that in this case. If you were black and Don called your daughter a knappy headed whore, how would you feel. I personally would kick his ass. I don't know about his show and how he offends folks all the time till now, But if he made a derogatory statement about my daughter, I'd find him

Al Sharpton and that fkn Jesse Jackson are nothing but collectors of black mail. People pay them to shut the fk up. Nascar was paying them $100,000 a year and quit paying the ransom just a few years ago.

Hows come Al and Jesse don't come when a black kills a white person. Easy, there ain't no money in it. And what happened to the good ol days when Al and Jesse would have been assasinated. I miss those days.

Don Imus was wrong, he was talking about peoples children. We all have our faults, and if he said anything about my childrens faults....AH Nevermind

Just my side of the coin
                        If its fun, do it

Comment

Right is right and wrong is wrong. What if it was OK to do what he did. It would be kaos. Could you imagine what it would be like if it was OK to spout prejudice **** at the drop of a hat. There are two sides to this coin. I also feel the comments after "knappy headed whores" was much worse by a long shot
                          If its fun, do it

Comment

Take it Easy, Rev. Monte... :prtytim: Them girls are women!:showtits:

Comment

LOL HD, Rev Mont has a nice ring to it.
                              If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                              X