Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must See...
    California
    Solvang - Paso Robles - Cambria - Hurst Castle, can be done in a long weekend and the wine in Paso Robles i'll put up against any Napa - Sonoma wine

Black Hills - Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse.. you'll be glad you saw it, probably never go back

Yellowstone - remember when going, its the trip, not the destination. Wife was in a hurry to get through it. We live in the mountains, wildlife is wildlife (her comment)

Wrigley Field and downtown Chicago in general, Found an awesome cigar bar about a block from the Weber BBQ Grill restaraunt.. Fantastic

San Diego, hit the Breweries off the 78.. micro beer that will kick your ass, and several in a 5 mile stretch

Colorado Springs - hike the Garden of the Gods, take the kids to Santa's Village

Kansas City - hit the 810 zone sports bar on a Missouri Football Saturday

Maui - snorking is a must, the Road to Hanna - over rated IMO

Cancun - stay in the resort or take a tour, Playa Del Carmon is a "dirty" Tijuana

Rio De Janiero - 14 hours on a plane from San Diego.. Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer. if you're hungry, El Porko... they just keep bringing the food until you put up a stop sign.. at 2am in a bar, a local told me he had to leave to take his 13 and 14 year old daughters to the club!! Issue I couldn't believe, they still call "black" people Slaves
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pimpin
      Camden Yards in Bmore a must see....Nats stadium pretty nice also
      camden yards is not a must see imo. Really just like any other park. Decent setting being that it is around a lot of bars and restaurants near fells point, but definitely not a must see. If you are doing the whole go to a game at every ball park deal then fine, but this would be easy to weed out in the list you already have going on here.

Comment

If u ever get down towards arizona nevada border and check out the hoover dam, look off to the right check out the new bridge they are building in mid air pretty cool to watch them work at night
        NCAAF YTD
        Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Ones I can speak to that may be of interest:

- If you're going to go to Beaver Stadium, and you have the plan ahead of time, go during a "white out" which would be any night game. The experience of a PSU/OSU game at Beaver Stadium at night is the craziest I've ever seen it in that stadium. To see the student section there in full force for a night game is something to see, if you're in to that.

- Florida/Georgia World's Largest Cocktail Party. The last two years it has fell on or right next to halloween, and that made it even better(ladies wise). It is amazing to be in Jacksonville on that day, and if you don't go in to the game, go to the Jacksonville Landing to watch it on the big screen there. It is a mall sort of set up that has an opening in the middle that fills with fans from both sides. Full service bars set up all around with prices that won't put you in debt.

- Ohio Stadium was not that impressive to me, it was pretty quiet for what they hold. If you're in to OSU, then I'd at least try to do the OSU/UM game if you really want to see the stadium.

- PNC Park in Pittsburgh is a hidden gem in the MLB. The team is awful, but if Pittsburgh is one of your stops, go for PNC park over Heinz Field. Heinz Field could be one of the 5 worst designed stadiums in the entire world. Not that loud, either, at least not nearly as loud as Three Rivers was. The open end of the stadium sucks the sound right out. The upper levels are nearly unwatchable during the game.

I'll add, if you've never been:

NFL/MLB hall of fames
          Cameron Indoor
          Niagara Falls
          I'll second the Outer Banks

Comment

Working...
          X