ESPN 30:30 on Jimmy the Greek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN 30:30 on Jimmy the Greek

i am one of those who can't stand ESPN for the most part, but these 30:30 hour long documentaries have really been good. The one tonight on Jimmy the Greek was really interesting on how he influenced society to accept gambling and basically took it from the taboo list in society and brought it to the forefront. If anyone has a chance to catch it as they rerun them a million times i would suggest it. Guy led a really tragic life by all accounts which was kind of sad, though.

The Len Bias story was very good as well. I had forgotten just how good he was.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

agreed. These are awesome. I also enjoyed the one about Larry Holmes and Muhammed Ali. My favorite was the one about USFL. Freakin Donald Trump:bang:

Comment

I also watched the Jimmy the Greek piece last night. Being a degenerate, I thought it was great.

My wife walked in halfway thru and asked me what I was watching. After I explained the background, who Jimmy was, etc., she watched the last 25 minutes with me. Of course, when the show ends with Jimmy broke, fat and destitute, she couldn't wait to add her two cents ... "funny how the most famous sports gambler of all time ends up broke. That says a lot about gambling, doesn't it?"

F-in women!

Comment

Working...
      X