Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Baby telling on the Ref!!! He wants to fight......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Baby telling on the Ref!!! He wants to fight......

The Ref should put his foot up this nappy ass ho's ass!!! Little Bitch!!!!

NEW YORK - NBA referee Joey Crawford was suspended indefinitely by commissioner David Stern on Tuesday for his conduct toward Tim Duncan, who contends the ref challenged him to a fight.

Crawford ejected Duncan from a game in Dallas on Sunday, calling a second technical foul on the San Antonio Spurs star while he was on the bench.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?'" Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, `Do you want to fight?'"

Crawford's suspension will last at least through the NBA finals.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

And I'll bet Crawford was egging poor little Timmy on jokingly but the big money boys can't be messed with.....:nuts: :bang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
      And I'll bet Crawford was egging poor little Timmy on jokingly but the big money boys can't be messed with.....:nuts: :bang:

next time the ref should shut up and let em laugh LMFAO.

this whole ordeal is just stupid. part of the reason i despise NBA basketball, is al lthe prima donna ****headed cry babies ,which no obviously extends to the refs.

Comment

Did NBA referee Joey Crawford take a run at Tim Duncan and body-slam him into the boards, NHL-style? Did he steal a trick from the WWE and wallop Duncan with a folding chair? Did he pull a Pac-Man Jones and compile a rap sheet longer than the Harry Potter series? Those are the sorts of acts that should get someone banned for the rest of a season, but unless we all missed something, all Crawford did was toss Duncan out of a game unnecessarily.

That makes Crawford an official on a power trip, a club that includes many, many other members, and not just in the NBA. For his lapse in judgment, Crawford was suspended for the rest of the season, including the playoffs, a punishment that far exceeds the seriousness of the crime.

This isn't to say that Crawford was blameless -- far from it. He was, as commissioner David Stern pointed out in his statement announcing the suspension, highly unprofessional in his handling of the Duncan dispute. Handing Duncan a second technical foul, and with it an automatic ejection, for merely laughing in amazement at one of Crawford's calls during the Spurs-Mavericks game on Sunday, was an egregious abuse of power. If, as Duncan claims, Crawford challenged him to a fight, a suspension is definitely in order, although when Crawford allegedly said "Do you want to fight?" he almost certainly meant it in a figurative sense, as in, "Do you want to challenge my authority?"

Either way, Crawford lost his cool, acted inappropriately and deserved to be called on the carpet by Stern. As a 29-year veteran and the second-longest-tenured ref in the league, however, he did not deserve to have the hammer dropped on him. Banning him from the first round of the playoffs and keeping him from working any games involving the Spurs during the postseason would have been about right. That probably would have been enough to embarrass Crawford into reining in his temper during the playoffs, and it wouldn't have cost the league one of its top referees for the entire postseason -- because that's what Crawford is when he's not handing out T's like after-dinner mints.

It is true that Stern had warned Crawford about his short fuse before, after a 2003 playoff game between, once again, the Spurs and Mavs. Crawford, amazingly, called four technicals in the first 10:11 of that game, tossing then-Dallas coach Don Nelson and Mavs assistant Del Harris. The league understandably didn't want a replay of that kind of overreaction during this postseason -- it's just surprising that Stern would overreact himself in an effort to avoid it.

Think about it. Would any player have received such a drastic penalty for similar behavior? Would Duncan have been suspended for the postseason if he had gone ballistic on a referee? Or forget Duncan, one of the league's golden boys. Even noted rebel Rasheed Wallace, with a history of offenses that makes Crawford look like an angel, wouldn't have been banished for the entire postseason merely for acting out.

Crawford's punishment also represents a mixed message from Stern, who directed the referees at the start of the season not to put up with the whining and histrionics over calls that players tend to display. The league wanted a referee crackdown, and now one of its longest-tenured refs has been humiliated for cracking down too hard. What happens now? Will refs be a bit gun-shy about calling technicals for fear that Stern won't approve of their judgment? And what of the players? Now that they've seen Crawford's drastic punishment, will they feel more free to challenge other officials' authority?

It may be that the league simply felt that Crawford had become too much of a hothead and wanted him gone. If so, that wish may come true, since it wouldn't be surprising if he decides not to return next season after having the league cut him off at the knees. But the NBA may find itself dealing with the unpleasant repercussions of this decision in the future, whether Crawford is part of it or not.

:ba:

Comment

Get the **** out of here HomeDawg, that was some good ****! Not taking anything away from Joepa and Bigbag..........Where the hell did you cut and paste that **** from I gotta know brother!

BB:nuts:
          "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Oh and so you know HD! I have spent the last two weeks tweaking my **** and updating my music catalog!!!!

Thanks for turning this gambler into a Puter nerd! Saving me hunderds now but than again legal fees in the future might kill me! Time for a East Tec Erasing!!!! LOL

BB

Comment

Oddly enough, I agree with Stern.

Look at it this way....

NO, a player would NOT have been suspended for the rest of the season for getting in the face of a ref or whatever, BUT, a player cannot influence the outcome of a game unfairly....a referee certainly can. AND, there's nothing the league could do about it until it was too late. What are they gonna do, have the other 2 refs "T" up Crawford and toss him if they think he's not being impartial? Is Stern gonna come out and remove him mid game if he's not calling things fairly?

Crawford displayed a complete misuse of power, and if he were to referee in the playoffs in any game which involved San Antonio, or even any game which could directly or indirectly effect who they play at any point, he would have the ability to compromise the integrity of the entire NBA playoffs if he is still holding a grudge over the incident.

Not saying he would, but he could, and that's a chance I don't think the league should take.

I'm not sure if he still gets paid or not, but IMO the best punishment would be to suspend him for X amount of time (a week or whatever) WITHOUT pay as a punishment for his unprofessional behavior, and then the rest of the playoffs WITH pay, just to ensure the playoffs are not tainted in any way.

Let him take the summer off and cool down, forget about it, and start fresh next season.

Comment

If we suspended everyone until the end of Summer for not acting professional we would have a economical down fall, and become a third world country!

You want to fight Stiff? Huh do you want to fight?

BB:nuts:

Comment

So you think it's ok to have a referee officiating in the playoffs who may be holding a grudge against a player or his team?

Duncan didn't even do anything but laugh, and he wasn't even in the game. He never even said or did anything directly to show up Crawford, even if he did laugh at him or the call he made. He could have been laughing at the fat guy in the wife beater sitting in the first row on the other side of the court scratching his balls for all Crawford knew, and if everyone would use whatever power advantage they might have over another who does as much as laugh at them, it'd be quite a thug society we'd live in.

IMO, a referee/umpire acting blatantly unprofessional and impartial, and even going to the extent of challenging the player after he's already ejected him is about the most unacceptable thing that could ever occur in a sporting event, outside a player intentionally and viciously injuring another player.

It would be one thing if Duncan got in Crawford's face first and Crawford was just defending himself or his call, but that did not occur. He was the aggressor, and that should never ever be the case with an official.

If Crawford hadn't pushed the issue, no one would have ever even known what the hell Duncan was laughing at, or that he was laughing at all.

Comment

these two have a history, we can speculate all we want, but it goes further than Crawford T-ing up Duncan all year.

I remember 3-4 years ago Duncan was in a game, and was about to set a pick, and Crawford inadvertently ran into him, well running into 6'11" PF will knock anyone down if you're half his size, and so he fell, first thing he did was T him up. Any objective viewer can see that Crawford didnt see Duncan and that it was an accident. The guy has a history of being a prima donna, when he's just a zebra, stealing the spotlight from the crazy f-ing players as it is in the NBA when you're just a ref is annoying to me.

plus he was busted and pleaded guilty for income tax fraud.. lol
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?'" Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, `Do you want to fight?'"

You guys are missing my point!!!! This is third grade ****! I'm not saying what he did was right but you can not justify Duncans comments either "If he wants to fight we can fight!" Duncan needs to shut his pie hole and let the big boss do his job! Stop ****en crying with this she said he said **** and do what you get paid to do! His comments are just as bad! Be a man suck it up and get back to work! You guys who defend this ass clown are just as bad with all this finger pointing! Forgetaboutit, sorry I even brought it up!!!!!:bang:

I guess I'm just getting tired of seeing these over paid PROFESSIONALS pissing and moaning about everyting stupid little thing that happens to them! I'm just sick of the drama. People are dying everday in the middle east, yet thiese fools are so self-centered Ahhhhhhhh Like I said earlier Forgetaboutit! Here lets watch something that really matters. You want to talk about kicking ass..........
                      YouTube - "If I Die Before You Wake" sung by Dustin Evans
                      Last edited by Billy Barooooooo; 04-23-2007, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X