Why was JML banned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was JML banned?

Lurked here for some time before I began to post during part of the season this year (and then just got too lazy). Anyway, I just noticed JML got banned recently. I never tailed him per se, but I did respect his write-ups and occasionally was talked out of a bad play on my part. So, at the risk of sounding like one of his "boyfriends," it was a little disappointing to see him get the boot from what I could piece together from his banning. I'll be the first to admit that there may be a lot more to the story than a pissing match between Stiff and him, but that's the way it reads to me from what's on the site currently.

During a good chunk of this season, it seemed like this place lacked from much good NFL talk (at least compared to prior years). Many of the discussion threads were anemic if not non-existent. In any event, I would think that the last thing that would be needed would be to cull the herd, particularly with a poster who actually had a track record of some success (whether it be secondary to skill or just dumb luck) and did tend to discuss things rather than just post picks.

Again, there may (and probably is) a lot more to the story than I know. I just hope that there is a good reason behind it, because the last thing I feel a forum like this needs is trigger-happy moderators banning people and locking threads left and right because of a past history of disagreements.
    NFL: 21-18-1

Hey thought that he had been here so long that he had enough clout to take a moderator on. Don't work that way. I ain't even got that much clout. Just when you think you cain't be banned because your a valued poster with immunity, is the time you go out the door. This site is for everybody to get together to share and have fun. JML wouldn't let it go and kept badgering a mod in what he thought was just enough to **** with a mod but not cross the line. There are plenty of places out there. Go there cuase this ain't the place if you didn't come here for comraderie and fun. We have enough mods here that monitor to make sure nobody talks to you like **** or that you don't talk to nobody like ****. Give respect and you'll get respect. Give **** and you'll get ****. JML is banned and it wasn't just one persons decision. Just to let you know, I can **** up and be banned. I watch my P's and Q's just like everybody else.
    If its fun, do it

Comment

BTW, I'm not representing Kevin or predictem. I was just giving my thoughts of what transpired.
      If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by CaveUrsine View Post
        Many of the discussion threads were anemic
        you're welcome! :laughing::laughing: I put a lot of work into contributing next to nothing.

Thank you everyone, I'll be here all week!
        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
          Just to let you know, I can **** up and be banned. I watch my P's and Q's just like everybody else.
          this comes as news.... why wasn't I ever informed of this when I signed on!

btw uncle yo should never be banned just for fcking up, I mean... that's like banning RahStahMan for smoking the dankity dank :thumbs:

don't ban me for my underwhelming humor :bang:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
            btw uncle yo should never be banned just for fcking up, I mean... that's like banning RahStahMan for smoking the dankity dank :thumbs:

[/SIZE]
            Or like banning JB for the drankity drank. As long as Rahstoner don't get caught smoking on the site, he'll be fine.
            If its fun, do it

Comment

Or like banning JB for the drankity drank.
              honestly, if Kevin didn't ban JB on the spot for that bomb he let fly in the cave i don't think there's much then he can do to get booted.....:beerbang:

and what's all this about JML joining a band...:dunno:
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

and while were on it....

Why was smooth44 banned?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  and while were on it....

Why was smooth44 banned?
                  this is why

smooth44's Profile - Man Looking For Men for a friend, casual dating or a serious relationship
                  If its fun, do it

Comment

I don't like seeing anybody banned. The bottom line is that everybody should respect others opinions. Sure, there's gonna be disagreements and that's great, but to constantly F with somebody isn't something that can go on here.

Mods are volunteers here. They're community leaders and long term guys who care about the community. None of these guys have egos. They dont' WANT to ban anybody. If they make a call, it's what they feel is best for the community.

Mods aren't into sensorship or pulling power trips. It's all about what's best for the community. That has meant that that a few guys had to go. Unfortunate, but the way it is.
                    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

I was thinking about him the other day to, I guess i missed what happened to him where he started giving people a tough time.

whatever happened to Biff_tannen anyone know?
                      Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
                      Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

Originally posted by USFMD82 View Post
                        whatever happened to Biff_tannen anyone know?
                        He's awaiting trial on 2 charges of hybacthery. Its a misdemeanor and will probably get time served unless they run the 2 offenses consecutive. He'll be back soon.
                        If its fun, do it

Comment

He's awaiting trial on 2 charges of hybacthery. Its a misdemeanor and will probably get time served unless they run the 2 offenses consecutive. He'll be back soon.
                          do you know if treyrod is still posting the sheet in leavenwirth.....or woolworth's for that matter?

Comment

what I want to know is how yo found this?

LMAO

frequent flyer my good sir? :laughing:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

For chrissakes old JoeJoe needs to get out more.....I just thought Leaf was on a hiatus or something......:dunno:
                              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                              X