• Show
Clear All

• Corey Haim Dead at Age 38

Actor Corey Haim dies at age 38

Police say hospital notified them of former ‘Lost Boys’ star’s death

Breaking news
    msnbc.com news services
    updated 35 minutes ago

BURBANK, Calif. - The Los Angeles coroner’s office says “The Lost Boys” actor Corey Haim is dead at 38.

Coroner’s Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said Wednesday that Haim died at 2:15 a.m. at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank. She said an autopsy will determine the cause of death and there are no other details.

Police learned of the death Wednesday when staff at the hospital called authorities, said Sgt. Frank Albarren of the Los Angeles Police Department's North Hollywood Station.

"It was an apparent overdose," Albarren said. "Unknown what type of medication."

PEOPLE magazine reports on its Web site that Haim was found unresponsive at his Southern California apartment. His mother was said to be with him at the time.

The Canadian-born Haim became a teen heartthrob with the 1986 film “Lucas” and 1987’s “The Lost Boys.”

His first role was in the 1984 hit “Firstborn,” in which he played a young child caught up in a family war. He then appeared in the 1985 television movie “A Time to Live.”

In recent years, he appeared in the A&E reality TV show “The Two Coreys” with his friend Corey Feldman. It was canceled in 2008 after two seasons.

Before this the last I heard was that he was spotted with the Doobie Brothers at a comedy club in Vegas...

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      Before this the last I heard was that he was spotted with the Doobie Brothers at a comedy club in Vegas...
      I can neither confirm nor deny :beer2:
      If its fun, do it

Comment

I seen it and remember it like it was yesterday.

I was gonna say it but didn't thinking that it would annoy you Stif, so im glad you posted it so we could all relive the memory!
        Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

LMAO:laughing:

Comment

Kevin, I took a vow not to ever speak of this instance. :beer2:
            If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
            X