Dan Gilbert Comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Gilbert Comments

Does anybody else think that the comments made by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert were ridiculous?

Free agent means FREE agent. He was not obligated to sign with the Cavs.

Gilbert talking about bad karma, jinx, spells, etc is ludicrous.

Sounds like he's a pompous rich bitch who is used to getting everything he wants and now is crying like a litlte ******* baby because he didnt get his way.

What a bitch. I'm embarrassed for him.

I'm on the other end Kevin. I'm glad someone finally called out Lebron james in stead of all of the analysts rubbing his balls. Excuses have been made for lebron time and time again about why he didn't win it and I'm very happy that Gilbert finally called him out.

Comment

gilbert is doing anything he can to make sure they sell tickets. this is going to kill the cavs. the sad note is lebron is from akron and everyone thought he was loyal. i tried to warn my fellow ohioans but they didnt listen. now the state is in shock lol

Comment

I think you're both right ...

Gilbert is a rich little bitch who was told no for the first time in his life like you said. I personally like what he said about Lebron, because it's true. But I think it would have had more impact and less "whiny-bitch" ring to it if he would have waited more than an hour to send it off to Cavs fans.

But like Daws said, it's nice to see someone finally call him out for his **** game(s) in the playoffs. But I would argue that this is the way Stern and the NBA brass had it scripted, sorry Lebron, but we need another Lakers-Celtics matchup for ratings (I know, a whole new tread topic!).

They might as well burn Cleveland to the ground now. The Indians suck, and now the Cavs will fall back into oblivion now too. Browns? Sorry Cleveland boys, but it's a sad state there these days.

Comment

YouTube - Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video: 2nd Attempt
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I hate to say it because Im not a Miami Heat fan, but the chemistry on that team looks sick. They might win 75 games. Those are some REAL good players, all of which who are willing to share the ball. Should be interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              I hate to say it because Im not a Miami Heat fan, but the chemistry on that team looks sick. They might win 75 games. Those are some REAL good players, all of which who are willing to share the ball. Should be interesting to see.
              I think they will do fine. Championship caliber remains to be seen IMO

of course I'm just a hater. lol

LeBron and Wade are surely a matchup problem. Many share this sentiment that right now the Lakers are still the team to beat, Kobe and Artest could conceivably guard those two, and I'm sorry but Bosh is not the elevated top tier free agent that many have annointed him. He is good no doubt, but I think bynum or gasol or any bulkier PF/C could have their way with him on both ends.

The key will be defense of course, could these guys play D. They still need a PG, C, backup swingman, and a 3 point shooter.

Will be fun to see, but I like the hater I am will be rooting against them lol
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

and I don't know how Wade can sit there and defend James with a straight face. I'd say nearly everyone who watched that series can agree LeBron did not give it his all.

It's so much easier to pick him apart when the game comes so easy to him, his raw talent and all, plus we've seen him take apart teams by himself. So when he falls short, its too damn easy to see he was slacking off.

whatever reason he had, its his right i guess until you realize he does owe the sport and more importantly the fans of cleveland his best effort. After all, he wasnt a free agent yet. He was still under contract. He can't claim he was hurt because he's played through it for a couple of series, and staring/waving off your coaches, doesnt require 100% health.

Not fouling, or pushing the ball in the waning seconds of an elimination game is not directly correlated to shooting or elbow problems. I mean hell the analysts had it right: at the end of the night throughout certain games of this series, his gun was not empty when the clock ticked down.

It's a tired cliche to refer to MJ everytime you want to refer to sports greatness, but really he just set the bar so high, the least you expect out of God-given talent like LeBron James is to match it... we don't expect anyone to surpass it, although he is certainly capable of it.

As for "the Decision", I have no beef (like it matters what I think lol) if he wants to leave, but many will agree, wtf would you do it on TV? Someone needs to get fired over this, whether it be the person who came up with this stupid idea, or the person who didn't have the huevos to say NO to LeBron if he was the one who concocted this crazy scheme.

:bang:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post

As for "the Decision", I have no beef (like it matters what I think lol) if he wants to leave, but many will agree, wtf would you do it on TV? Someone needs to get fired over this, whether it be the person who came up with this stupid idea, or the person who didn't have the huevos to say NO to LeBron if he was the one who concocted this crazy scheme.

:bang:
                  I think he could lose money over this. He cares so much about $$ yet had the oversight to castrate his beloved image on national TV, and he's a much better actor than that. He won't lose all his lucrative contracts, but I think he could take a hit in some place, and jersey sales might wane. I don't know. I can only speculate. The mass public has a short memory, until you remember Chris Brown's career is down the tubes because the dude couldn't say "I'm sorry" like any celebrity who's effed up in the public's eyes.

I know James was going for regret/sorrow/contrived, but he did a poor job, anyone could tell he made this decision weeks, if not months ago where he would be playing next season. Bad idea.

If his intentions were released via print/internet, no one can see the worse athlete-acting job since Kazaam, on national TV when you're trying to pull of contrived, but come off as awkward and not genuine at all.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
                  X