Baseball loses one of it's finest...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball loses one of it's finest...

Former Reds/Tigers Manager Sparky Anderson died today, he was 76.

If you didn't have the pleasure of watching this guy coach teams in the 70's and 80's, you missed out. He was truly one of the best and most fun managers that I've ever seen.

He was a great guy too.

There's no coincidence that he passed AFTER the World Series was over.

REST IN PEACE SPARKY, you will never be forgotten!

Class guy ol' Sparky!

A couple of my favorite Sparky quotes:

"I can't believe they pay us to play baseball - something we did for free as kids."

"I don't know whether I'm a big leaguer or not, but I want to find out, and if I can't do it, then I'll be a minor leaguer the rest of my life."

Sparky was in a league of his own and now he gets to join the biggest league of all.......RIP Spark! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Classy guy, I don't think you find a single person anywhere who has a bad word to say about Sparky.

Condolences to RedsFan, FlyersFan, Larry and all of the Cincy/Detroit jakes in here that got to root for the guy and have him as their manager.

RIP

Comment

I was a much of a fan of his as the Big Red Machine while growing up in the 70s. Rooted for Gibby and the rest of the Tigers in '84 when Sparky became the 1st manager to win a World Series title in both leagues.

R.I.P., Sparky.

Comment

Last 18 months Tiger fans have lost some great ones. Kell, Harwell, and now Sparky. Such a bummer.....

Comment

i thought we were going to lose one of our great posters this past weekend with larry wandering around columbus in his gay michigan sweatshirt and hat all weekend...:ohman:

in all seriousness......great manager, great guy for the game of baseball and certainly growing up in cincy as a kid in the mid to late 70's, it was fun watching him manage and the whole big red machine era for the Reds......sad to see him go (and makes me feel old.....:bang:)
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
            X