• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyersFan
    started a topic Attention Posters Redsfann and Hodown

Attention Posters Redsfann and Hodown

O-H invasion is next weekend.....

We are leaving Des Moines in an RV around 1PM Friday headed for Iowa City. Actually the 4 other guys i'm going with are Iowa grads. Anyhow, we are going to be firing up the grill bright and early on Saturday so get my email from Kevin if you guys are interested in hooking up. We are staying over Saturday night so we will be heading out to rip up Iowa City probably post game. Game was announced for a 2:30PM start ICity time. My buddy is talking about grilling up some good stuff beyond burgers and dogs.....

Got a Silver Bullet with your name on it.......:beerbang:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
    koofter
    :hide:............:hide:

and dude, he was your friend, don't try and pass that shiat off on me.....:ohman:

Leave a comment:

• Underdog88
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    easier to just park a little further out and save the "hey hows it going....you know i'm flyersfan from predictem" for picking up chicks later
    I would try it for myself, but I think it only works on koofter
    :laughing:

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by redsfann View Post
    E-mail sent last night....
    reds- not sure what email kevin has for me but it may be long gone. i had to get rid of about 3 or 4 addresses due to spam city. i emailed him and told him to give you my current email and also asked him for yours.....:thumbs:

Leave a comment:

• redsfann
    replied
    E-mail sent last night....

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Come on guys, you're sounding like a couple of old farts. :laughing:

In Madison a few weeks ago the police busted a frat party ... wrote them 18-grand worth of fines!!! 18 Large! They ain't ******* around when it comes to drinking these days. So glad I'm not in school anymore, can't even drink and enjoy debauchery anymore.

Sorry to hyjack the thread, enjoy the game.

Flyers, can't you just tell the guys at the parking lot who you are, maybe slide them a few winners and go along your merry way? I thought you had pull.:laughing:
    hey i was in a fraternity and partied down but honestly, the stupidity factor is out of control and it is in conjunction with the fact that people let their kids do whatever they want these days......

and as for clout....i hate doing that because then all day long i get pestered about giving out winners as i'm trying to drink my beer.........i don't want dudes camped outside our RV waiting for me to come out and give my dissertation on the effects of back to back games on road teams in hockey......:ohman:.....easier to just park a little further out and save the "hey hows it going....you know i'm flyersfan from predictem" for picking up chicks later

Leave a comment:

• redsfann
    replied
    reds- we just got booted from the place we were parking becuase supposedly the grass is too wet to park a big RV on....but then again, knowing my friend he told me we were set and then never asked and got denied today when he did.

anyhow, now we are either going to be parking on the finkbine GC where the general RV secion is or we are trying to work a guy for a KC RV pass...he wants 375, we offered him 200.

Will keep you posted.

and as for the "students".....i hear you. was not impressed at all with them when i was there for the 2006 game. exactly what you said...i think the drinking has become an issue with students at a lot of campuses......OSU has their fair share of young village idiots too.
    Well, it did rain a 100th of an inch last night here in Eastern Iowa--I could see how it wouldn't dry up in a week....:pud:
    If you can get that pass, great. If not, lets just plan on meeting up at Finkbine. Its not a big deal for the two of us to park out there instead of where we usually park.

When I was a student at Iowa in the early 80's you could still take a bota bag full of booze into the game and kegs were allowed in at the Spring game. You could also leave at halftime and go grab a couple of beers and come back for the 2nd half. They ended that after 9/11 under the pretense of the terrorists might be targeting large gatherings of people to attack. Which anyone with an I.Q. over 65 would know is pure bullchit--they had been looking for an excuse to end that for a while and they got one.

Leave a comment:

• wsox08
    replied
    O-H
    I-N-I

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied

and as for the "students".....i hear you. was not impressed at all with them when i was there for the 2006 game. exactly what you said...i think the drinking has become an issue with students at a lot of campuses......OSU has their fair share of young village idiots too.
    Come on guys, you're sounding like a couple of old farts. :laughing:

In Madison a few weeks ago the police busted a frat party ... wrote them 18-grand worth of fines!!! 18 Large! They ain't ******* around when it comes to drinking these days. So glad I'm not in school anymore, can't even drink and enjoy debauchery anymore.

Sorry to hyjack the thread, enjoy the game.

Flyers, can't you just tell the guys at the parking lot who you are, maybe slide them a few winners and go along your merry way? I thought you had pull.:laughing:

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    reds- we just got booted from the place we were parking becuase supposedly the grass is too wet to park a big RV on....but then again, knowing my friend he told me we were set and then never asked and got denied today when he did.

anyhow, now we are either going to be parking on the finkbine GC where the general RV secion is or we are trying to work a guy for a KC RV pass...he wants 375, we offered him 200.

Will keep you posted.

Leave a comment:

• redsfann
    replied
    :beerbang:
    Last edited by redsfann; 11-12-2010, 11:09 AM. Reason: double post

Leave a comment:

• redsfann
    replied
    sounds good....:thumbs:

stubhub is never a good answer for tix because you pay about double what you would pay for a game on gameday. better to wait and see what's there. im sure they will find tix.....

i will be in the visitors section which if it's where it was last time i was there for an osu game (2006) was on the south side behind the visitors bench in like section 109 i believe.....my tix are being sent to me tomorrow so i will know my exact seats by days end. kind of one of those stadiums that there really aren't a whole lot of bad seats in "the bowl".......

and what's up with the tailgate nazis @ iowa....been reading all this stuff about making you pack it up an hour after game ends and no tailgating the night before...:dunno:......

debating rallying the troops if they try and close us down with a bad news bears breaking training "let.......them.......drink...........let.......th em........drink.........let.......them.......drink ".....gotta find kelly leake and william devane by saturday......
    LMAO @ the Bad News Bears reference. You ain't a kid then..LOL. Another forum I hang out at there was a poster for a while with the user name of "Chico's Bail Bonds" :beerbang:
    Only really horrible seats are in the 1st 6 or so rows behind the benches. It makes it hard to see over all the players on the sideline and its tough to see the opposite end zones--but otherwise--you're right not a bad seat in the place.
    As bad as it sounds about the tailgating situation @ Kinnick--it was really getting out of control so they needed to do something. I thought it was a bit heavy handed at the beginning of the season--they were doing **** like writing 60 year old ladies open container tickets for stepping off a private yard onto the sidewalk to flag down her friends. But the number of students and other young idiots that were just pouring into the area around Kinnick and leaving their trash and empties where ever they felt like it and then going downtown to watch the game was really getting bad--so Iowa City just decided to enforce their open container laws. The 1 hour drinking 2 hour to leave rule only applies if you are on University property so if your at a private residence and want to keep partying you are OK. Can't believe the idea that they will give you an open container ticket if you step out of your RV the night before with a beer in your hand. Don't they realize that those are the high dollar donors? If some of those people stopped writing the huge checks Iowa would be ****ed.
    Just thought of something--there aren't any tennis courts near Kinnick anymore. They put up a statute of Nile Kinnick and turned those courts into a big walking plaza. Is that the area you are thinking of or are you out by the golf course and the University Club? If thats the case that is a long walk from our tailgate and I'll try and figure out another place to park thats closer to that area.
    Last edited by redsfann; 11-12-2010, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    No extra tix here, sorry. Have heard that there havent been many scalpers out this season, either. Might cost a few $$ but I'm sure there are plenty for sale on E-Bay or Stub Hub.
    We have to walk past where you will be tailgating (either spot as our seats are on the West side of Kinnick) to get to the stadium so you will be seeing us at some time next Saturday. I'll get an e-mail out to you soon....:beerbang:
    sounds good....:thumbs:

stubhub is never a good answer for tix because you pay about double what you would pay for a game on gameday. better to wait and see what's there. im sure they will find tix.....

i will be in the visitors section which if it's where it was last time i was there for an osu game (2006) was on the south side behind the visitors bench in like section 109 i believe.....my tix are being sent to me tomorrow so i will know my exact seats by days end. kind of one of those stadiums that there really aren't a whole lot of bad seats in "the bowl".......

and what's up with the tailgate nazis @ iowa....been reading all this stuff about making you pack it up an hour after game ends and no tailgating the night before...:dunno:......

debating rallying the troops if they try and close us down with a bad news bears breaking training "let.......them.......drink...........let.......th em........drink.........let.......them.......drink ".....gotta find kelly leake and william devane by saturday......

Leave a comment:

• redsfann
    replied
    No extra tix here, sorry. Have heard that there havent been many scalpers out this season, either. Might cost a few $$ but I'm sure there are plenty for sale on E-Bay or Stub Hub.
    We have to walk past where you will be tailgating (either spot as our seats are on the West side of Kinnick) to get to the stadium so you will be seeing us at some time next Saturday. I'll get an e-mail out to you soon....:beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Sounds like you guys are doing the game up right!

Any idea as to where you will be parking the RV for the game? Our usual tailgate spot is South of Kinnick--its a 15 minute walk to the stadium from there.
    i could tell you but i hesitate as i don't want all my fans showing up asking me for picks that day........:laughing:

we are parking off of melrose by the stadium. my buddy has a friend who lives there and is letting us park in front of her place....somewhere near the tennis courts i believe and close to the stadium. get my email from kevin and i will get you my cell number and we can talk next week. I am trying to secure one of those KC RV passes for the big wig donors but it may fall through. If that comes through we would be in the RV lot next to the stadium but im not holding my breath on that one.

you don't have any xtra tickets by the way do you? i've got my 2 in the OSU section but there are 3-4 others looking for tix.....all iowa guys by the way

Leave a comment:

Working...
X