Question about Labby lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Labby lines

Whats up yall! Hope everyone is doing great. It's been a while since I posted.

I've visited some other sports betting forums, and I gotta say I think it's mostly college kids stroking their egos. No nonsense here, and that's the way I like it. So I just want to say thank you for that.

That being said, I had a question regarding the Labrouche Lines system. It's a modified chase system, but seeks to reduce the risk in it. I was wondering if you guys have any opinions on this? Stay FAR away? Or is this something worth looking at? Just looking for a good discussion on the topic.

Much Love,
    Phil

Nobody spins the floater better than Phil Rivers. Nobody.

Hi Phil,

I've never heard of it before.

Is it a progression system where you double up until you win then start over?

If so, I've found that one bad losing streak can kill ya, and it does happen, despite being an unlikely scenario.

Thanks for the kind words about the site as well.

Comment

It's definitely a chase system, but not in the sense that you try to double up after a loss. Instead the idea is to spread the loss across multiple bets. I'll try to give an example:

This particular labby line will have 4 numbers on it:

5-5-5-5

You bet to win the sum of two numbers. So make a bet to win 10. If you win then you mark TWO numbers off the line so it becomes 5-5. If you lose then you add the loss to the line so it becomes 5-5-5-5-10 and then you can spread out the loss across the line so it looks like 6-6-6-6-6 now. The next bet of course would be to win 12. This thing got popular supposedly by roulette players, but certainly not fool proof.

The idea is that you only need to win at 33% clip since each win knocks off 2 numbers, but a loss adds only one number.

I started playing around with it last week, but I think a bad losing streak could still make the labby line quite inflated and nearly impossible to clear (unless you have unlimited bankroll!). I mean losing streaks do hit. I went 1-11 at one point this year in bases (not using a labby line, my guess is that likely would have wiped me out), but that was certainly an anomaly. I couldn't pick losers that well again if I tried.

I was just curious if anyone on the site has had any success or failures with this type of chase system.
      Last edited by PhilRivers; 08-08-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Update: I now have the unpleasant experience to be able to tell you, these Labby Lines are no good. RIP labby lines.

:sm:

Comment

There are no magic formulas out there.
          College 52-42 +560 (56%)
          NFL 19-23 -550 (45%)
          last update (7:19 AM 11/29/15)

Comment

Working...
          X