No announcement yet.

Paterno's head needs to roll.... and...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said JoePa. I had knee surgery a few weeks ago and my Doctor is the team doctor for Nebraska, I had a recheck yesterday so we were talking about his upcoming trip. He said he had contacted a friend there and that person said it was not unexpected everybody knew what he was like. That is truly disgusting that they would let him continue to do his despicable actions. I do feel bad for JoePa because I think he has actually become the focal point of this whole deal and i am sure that he has done much more good than bad but he really made a mistake on this one.

Comment

Just read the jury report. There are so many enablers in this story its impossible to start. Concerning Paterno he is only a bit player in this mess and I agree with Joepa that the media is signaling him out due to his public status. In the end the regents absolutely made the correct move in firing him now. In the end Paterno did not do enough, and his job is not only to put a good product on the field but to teach kids how to become men. What kind of example is the board setting by not firing him? What kind of parent would let their kid play four more games with Paterno after the precedent that he's already set? As upset as McQueary was according to the Grand Jury report I highly doubt he did not tell Paterno the full extent of what happened, which Paterno denies, or lacks "recollection." I'm sorry but no man would confuse the dialogue being told to them regarding one of their good friends in a possible child molestation accusation. Paterno continues to lie when he states that he, like the professionals were all fooled. Sandusky's precedent for odd behavior with children was established in 1998, so not only was Paterno "fooled" once, but twice.

Sad times for CFB. While Paterno is not as liable as the President and AD, he has a moral obligation to see that incident through to the end instead of passing it off. McQueary was wrong too but I can cut him a little more slack than Paterno. The fact that he is receiving death threats and a mob of stupid college kids are clamoring for Joe is about as disgusting as it gets.

The incident could happen at any school so it's not a Penn State thing, they're just the unlucky ones to have this occur on their campus. In the end it's not Paterno who was fooled but fans of CFB who were fooled into thinking he was any different than the greed that has consumed college sports. And the news media filming college students rioting for an 84 year old man who lost his job instead of for the victims and their families. Sad stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerbeek View Post
        ...He said he had contacted a friend there and that person said it was not unexpected everybody knew what he was like...
        That's the thing, as more of this comes out and as more people step forward I think that's what we're going to find out. More people knew, and allowed it happen by not doing anything for fear of losing their job, or otherwise. Remember, the board of trustees ASKED JoePa to walk away in like 2004 or '05 or something, and he said NO. JoePa had a TREMENDOUS amount of pull there, hell, he appointed/recommended some of the trustees to their jobs. HE WAS PENN STATE! After watching those fools riot, apparently he still does. That's why the janitors turned their back, they didn't want to lose their jobs (per, Grand Jury testimony).

JoePa arrogantly try to call his own shots all the way until the last minute ("the trustees shouldn't waste their time worrying about what to do to me" part of his statement). As mush as it pains me to say it, the more that comes out the dirtier JoePa's hands are getting.

I can't wait to hear JoePa talk about what he knew, if that day ever comes.

Comment

Anyone who abuses Children deserves IMO a death sentence and anyone who allows that type of behavior to continue for 12 years is just as guilty from the bottom to the
          top they covered this up for their sacred football program I feel sorry for no one
          they will all get what they deserve in the end of that I am sure.
          NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Comment

for anyone who feels sorry for anyone invloved or wouldn't turn in there best friend
            Just imagine if it WAS YOUR CHILD THAT WAS ABUSED ENOUGH SAID !!
            NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Comment

I agree that anyone who abuses children should at least be castrated if not killed, but at this point, unless I've missed something no one has been proved guilty. Sandusky may be guilty but until that is proved Joepa should not be deemed guilty. Maybe not even then, we know that he did report some type of unseemly behavior, but we don't know if he knew more or if there even was more.

I have to admit that it all smells funny but I have a hard time thinking that Joepa would risk his career if he really knew this was going on.
              mlb 2018 157-110 +42.74 2018
              nfl 2018 54-79-1 -21.4 units 2018
              mlb 2019 348-245-3 +70.2 units 2019
              nfl 2019 54-54 -21.2 units 2019
              mlb 2020 112-75-1 +33.35 units 2020
              nfl 2020 88-87-3 -8.4 units 2021
              mlb 2020 playoffs 30-17 +30.6 units 2020
              nfl playoffs 2020 11-11-1 +25.4 units 2021
              mlb 2021 271-226 +18.3 units 2021
              mlb 2022 240-239 -62.9 units as of 10-21-2022
              nfl 2022 13-11 +9.5 units ytd as of week 2
              mlb 2023 122-100 -3.1 units as of 9-27-2023
              nfl 2023 4-3-1 +10.7 units as of 9-27-2023

Comment

Obviously, this whole thing is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The thing that sticks out to me the most is the fact that before home games when Sandusky was still coaching, the team stayed at a golf resort the night before. Sandusky would always have little boys with him OVERNIGHT in his room.....WTF!
                They should all fry and Penn State should get the death penalty.....

Comment

Working...
                X