Thanksgiving Eats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Eats

I'm thinking about trying something new for Thanksgiving this year.

We'll surely be having Turkey and mashed potatoes overloaded with butter, sour cream and garlic etc. I'm looking to add something new to the mix.

Anybody out there have something traditional that they'd like to share?

we make turkey eggrolls :laughing:

I like it because it's a combo of my heritages and it's fun rolling these mothers during football games and eating them during the crappy late games (NFL Network forced games)
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Get two smaller birds instead of just one ...

And fry one of them! It's not the healthiest, but what about thanksgiving is healthy?

The fried Turkey is so much juicier, especially the white meat.

Comment

I've heard fried turkeys are dangerous. (fires?)

How do you fry a turkey man?
        Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

Well, first off you have to have the right equipment...

Google turkey fryer and you'll see essentially a giant bunson burner from chemistry class that you use with your propane tank from a gas grill.

Once you get one of those you're set.

It can be dangerous if you don't follow certain rules ... i.e. test the level of how much oil by using water first. Too many people just fill it with oil, then when they drop the turkey in the oil overflows and you've got a oil fire all over the place.

Again, it's a little more work (and expense if you don't have the equipment ... I live in Wisconsin, the land of the fish fry so there's a fryer on every block in these parts ... my in-laws have two!), but the flavor and juicyness just can't be beat.

Comment

love deep fried turkey. I'm not doing it this year though.... I made my own brine that I'll let the turkey sit in overnight. makes it so much more juicy and flavorful It's just me and the wife this year, who is a vegetarian. Didn't stop me from getting a 10 lb turkey lol. Good thing about it is I can experiment- going for a little cajun seasoning and making a chorizo stuffing to go with it.
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
              going for a little cajun seasoning and making a chorizo stuffing to go with it.
              Sounds good! When do we eat? :laughing:

Enjoy bro! :beerbang:

Comment

where in Dairyland are you, Badger? I'm at my Dad's house outside of Sheboygan. Today is traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, pumpkin pie--and plenty of beer.

Tomorrow we will be at my cousin's house and their spread is all game: smoked pheasant(I'm responsible for those), deer, quail, partridge and who knows what ever else they've hunted over the last year. And too many beers, marathon sessions of cards and the woman and children aren't invited....:beerbang:

Comment

I live in North Prairie. It's west of Waukesha, about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison.

Funny you mention that you have to bring the smoked pheasant ... I went on my annual Turkey Day pheasant hunt with my Dad and Bro yesterday. Then I drank lots of beer ... nice to see the Wisconsin traditions are enjoyed elsewhere. :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                    I live in North Prairie. It's west of Waukesha, about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison.

Funny you mention that you have to bring the smoked pheasant ... I went on my annual Turkey Day pheasant hunt with my Dad and Bro yesterday. Then I drank lots of beer ... nice to see the Wisconsin traditions are enjoyed elsewhere. :beerbang:
                    On our way up on Wed we saw deer hunters everywhere.....only reason I'm responsible for the pheasants is because I only hunt pheasants and had a few already this season. Had a blast at my cousin's on Friday and went pheasant hunting with him and my brothers before heading home yesterday--had a massive hangover--but tromping through a couple of fields took care of that....:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X