So lame...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So lame...

I love baseball but I'm ready for the regular season to end.

I'm SOOOOO sick of watching web gems on ESPN and seeing guys catch a ball and THEN dive.

The diving catch has become an ugly joke of guys who are just trying to get onto web gems and hot dog.

I've always loved baseball because the players acted classy, didn't dance on the field etc like other sports. This catch then dive thing is really a spit in the face of the game. Pathetic!

Just to prove that I'm not all sour pickles though, I will say that I do still enjoy watching the daily dingers. Homeruns never see to get old, even at age 40 lol.

Agree with you, but then again, it's really fun to watch younger outfielders like Peter Bourjos, Mike Trout, and Ben Revere make some of those exciting plays!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I feel the same way about baseball, in that its "classier" (in general) than football and especially basketball (talking nfl and nba mostly).

I mean, to me, there's nothing worse than watching a grown man dance around like he just made the super bowl winning play when he scores or makes a sack or something and his team is up 20 points with 2 minutes to go in week 8 of the regular season.

unfortunately tools like a rod who clearly don't give a fuk about winning or losing anymore coming out and ****ting all over the field every night is dragging the game down, imo

I remember when guys used to get pissed when they failed and even cried in the dugout when their team lost a playoff series/world series. now way too many of them only care about is going out and partying it up after the game, and even flirt with women in the stands after they've been pulled for a pinch hitter because they're hitting a buck twenty five for the entire playoffs, despite making more money in a week than most of us could hope to make in a year.

look at Vince young for example. dickwad blew 30mil during his playing days according to news reports, and is now broke as a joke. dumb ****, and perfect example of where so many players heads are these days.

welcome to McDonald's, my name is Vince, may I take your order please....
      Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 10-17-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I'm with OP on this one. By the time the payoffs get here, I am ready for baseball to be done. And the hot dogging they are doing is getting as bad as the NBA players drawing fouls for the last five minutes of the games.

Comment

Working...
        X