Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine?

Anybody here from Maine?

I heard that you can go off boat docks there and catch lobster?

Here in Oregon we can do that with crab rings to catch crabs. I imagine its the same thing?

You bait the net, lower it, let it sit for 15 mins, pull it up and hopefully have a catch?

I wanna road trip it out there one of these years to do that and am wondering if its "that easy" or if you have to go out in boats.

Any input from anybody whose ever done this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

That's not what I thought you meant when you said you caught crabs!:nuts:

Comment

Sign in Restroom at Truck Stop:

TRUCKERS:
      PLEASE....DO NOT throw match sticks in toilets, the crabs will learn to pole vault....LMFAO:boom:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I hear its possible. Just like I used to catch crawdads off the dock when I lived in Oregon right on the Columbia.

I hear lobster there is so cheap that you can get it around $6-8/lb. The closest I have gotten to the area is Boston, but I was in the city, and the lobster was as expensive there as it is in Chicago.

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        Anybody here from Maine?

I heard that you can go off boat docks there and catch lobster?

Here in Oregon we can do that with crab rings to catch crabs. I imagine its the same thing?

You bait the net, lower it, let it sit for 15 mins, pull it up and hopefully have a catch?

I wanna road trip it out there one of these years to do that and am wondering if its "that easy" or if you have to go out in boats.

Any input from anybody whose ever done this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
        可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Alright you bunch of wise asses.

Anybody ever "lobstered" before?

Comment

a co worker of mine used to live in Maine

He said you need a boat because the lobsters are out in the deep deep water.

He said that the competion is crazy..

He said that you have to have a license to catch lobster and that the lobster fisherman are crazy up in Maine .. Shoot you if u mess with there territories or nets.
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

I'm an idiot. I was reading through the post and I was telling myself..."why in the hell are they talking about crabs and lobsters for...?" Then I reread the title and it said Maine. I thought it said "Marine" hahaha. Was telling myself what does lobster and crabs gotta do about a "Marine"...

Sorry, I'm so random at times...:phew:
              Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

Anybody ever "lobstered" before?
                I fell asleep on the beach in Tampa once
                If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                X