winvista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winvista

just added another dell to my network... came loaded with windows vista... much faster and more smooth than xp..... only problem, not many programs supporting this new os....I highly recommend this os, but may be a good idea to wait, unless ya have another 'puter on the network with xp...

:gulp:

Running on Vista now. Good if you have a new computer. Be careful upgrading though.

The company I work for has ties pretty deep into microsoft (we are a microsoft oriented consultancy) - and I have heard that people within microsoft are very careful about what boxes they upgrade, lest they lose access to printers/cameras/etc. bought before 2005.

That said, Aero (the new windows ui) is sweet. Click the windows key (between alt and ctrl) and TAB to switch programs. My printer maker says it will have drivers out for my printer later this month. I can wait, but most cant.

Agree with the 'dawg. Upgrade it if you have another xp box around in case the poo hits the fan.
    可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

I sure wouldn't recommend the upgrade... winvista software costs, as much as, my new 'puter loaded with vista.... you can get IT on EBAY....:beerbang:

Comment

I'll wait till they sweep all the bugs out and release more drivers and patches for vista. Most computer software I use won't be compatible with Vista. I'm going to stick with XP for now. Eventually everything will slowly switch over.
        Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Whats up with all the patches for Windows lately? Think I have downloaded over 15 in the past two weeks?

Anyone have any idea!

HD just put speed up on my puter today! Been busy as F*** around here!

Hope all is well!!!! Oh and thanks for everything over the past few months with all your help on my puter needs!!!!!

BB
          "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Vista is garbage. Aero is a complete rip off of Apple's UI from 4 years ago, and the new security features are annoying as hell (not to mention completely worthless).

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post
              Whats up with all the patches for Windows lately? Think I have downloaded over 15 in the past two weeks?

Anyone have any idea!

Hope all is well!!!! Oh and thanks for everything over the past few months with all your help on my puter needs!!!!!

BB
              Daylight savings time changes. The law that made daylight savings time happen sooner is creating a lot of havoc.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                Vista is garbage. Aero is a complete rip off of Apple's UI from 4 years ago, and the new security features are annoying as hell (not to mention completely worthless).
                lol - but Mac is teh cool. And everyone knows Apple is nothing more than Microsoft's free R&D lab :beer2:, which means anything good they do, Microsoft will copy it within a few years.

MS got hit so hard on security that they went 150% the other direction. I am sure the first or second service patch will make Vista acceptible. People did not really start using XP a lot until about 1 year after it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
                  lol - but Mac is teh cool. And everyone knows Apple is nothing more than Microsoft's free R&D lab :beer2:, which means anything good they do, Microsoft will copy it within a few years.

MS got hit so hard on security that they went 150% the other direction. I am sure the first or second service patch will make Vista acceptible. People did not really start using XP a lot until about 1 year after it came out.
                  But MS's answer for security is simply popping up dialog boxes after you perform any action. Your average joe user is going to get fed up with this, and start clicking the affirmative button as a reflex action, without actually reading what they are clicking "yes" to.

As far as Apple being a free R&D lab... yes this is true. But MS rarely copies Apple that well. Just take a look at the Zune... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                    As far as Apple being a free R&D lab... yes this is true. But MS rarely copies Apple that well. Just take a look at the Zune... lol
                    Hey - I have a Zune. My company is so in bed with Microsoft that they gave all of the consultants a free zune and a subscription to the service for a year. Just so that they would get out and see other people with Zunes. At a price of zero, I can't complain. But would I buy one... lol - no bloody way.

... so yes, iPod is still better than Zune.

Comment

dual boot with vistabootpro

Well after alot of time and much research I finally got my new 'puter to dual boot...

runnin' winvista & winxp...

winvista, is the first os to allow you to shrink a drive, allocate it/rename it, and partition all in 1.

then you can install multiple os on the same 'puter

only problem, xp and vista fight each other all the way...

it can be done, and it is worth it..

vista, like I stated earlier, runs much faster and more smooth, and xp supports all software & hardware...

now I need a beer..

:guzzle:
                      Last edited by homedawg; 03-06-2007, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post

BB
                        send speed up to the trash! stick with: t/u '07

I found the best tracks eraser available (better than EE)

East-Tec Eraser 2007

Keep what you do on your computer to yourself and protect your privacy!
                        East-Tec Eraser 2007 protects your privacy, identity and confidential information and removes all evidence of your computer and online activity. Eraser exceeds U.S. Department of Defense standards for the permanent erasure of digital information when erasing your Internet history, Web pages, pictures, unwanted cookies, chatroom conversations, confidential documents you want to get rid of or files deleted in the past.

:beerbang:

Comment

Okay I used speed up maybe two three times and it slowed me down!

Ok good to hear about EE cause it would erase my publisher front page everytime I ran it and than I would have to re-install!

Can you send me a email with the new one!

Thanks again for your time!

BB
                          "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

did ya get the XS4.21 installed?

this 1 is @ dm'oid...

let me know

Comment

Now my 'puter works exactly the way I want it to!

:guzzle:

Comment

Working...
                              X