Horfin Trivia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horfin Trivia

No Prizes, Just Fun. Don't Google the Answer and then post it. If you know answer it by posting.

Question 1: (2/17/15)

What was notable about the 2nd Half Kick Off of Super Bowl I?

Horf!n
    a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
    Sides: +17.4 units
    Totals: +0 units
    In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
    Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

They used the wrong ball? I think they used both footballs since AFL and NFL used different balls.....:dunno:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Good guess. But not the answer I am looking for. If no one gets it, I will provide Answer tomorrow:thumbs: with a new question.
      a.d.

Comment

i did a research paper on the 1st superbowl ever in highschool

3 things i remember about superbowl 1 in my paper

*2 television networks covered the superbowl cbs nbc

*there was 2 play by play announcers 1 for each half

*the original kickoff in 2nd half was redone because nbc was still on commercial break so all their viewers missed the kickoff.
        NCAAF YTD
        Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Originally posted by DukiesBaby View Post
          *the original kickoff in 2nd half was redone because nbc was still on commercial break so all their viewers missed the kickoff.
          That is Correct.

Awesome!
          a.d.

Comment

2. How many bugs does an average person accidentally eat in a year?

Do not google the answer.
            a.d.

Comment

I probably eat bugs every night since I snore....hopefully not any more since I had sinus surgery last week but still can't breathe through my nose.....so.....my guess would be....how about a range Horfin......12-15 each year!?

:puke:probably way off since bugs probably fall in food during canning, processing etc. what do you think those flecks in are! LMAO
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I have a feeling that regardless of what the answer is here, I'm going to puke a little bit in my mouth lol.

Comment

I know for sure I ate one bug. I was riding my bicycle with my mouth open.

And I lost a bet when I was 17 and had to snort an ant through a straw.
                  If its fun, do it

Comment

A2: The average person accidentally eats 430 bugs per year. My source was Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. After stating that fact he said "Don't worry most get eaten at night (or maybe it was while your asleep)". I did not really know what he meant by that. Dust Bugs, maybe?

I did a quick google search and it is all over the internet (430/year), my guess is a matter of necessity from mass production of grains we all eat insect parts every time we eat grain or processed food. Add up all the insect parts in your rice, bread and cereal and you eat 1.1 per day, i guess.

Question 3: Pursuant to the NFL rules, if a team forfeits a game what is the Official Final Score?

Be back tomorrow night with the answer.
                    Last edited by Horfin; 02-20-2015, 08:56 PM.
                    a.d.

Comment

2-0........lowest points you can score without FG or TD!

Comment

I cheated and looked this up and it was indeed 2-0. Ironically, in high school football it's 1-0.

I wish ALL sports would have uniform rules.

My kid has little league baseball, babe ruth baseball, high school baseball and american legion baseball and the rules are ALL different in each league.

And don't even get me started about the strike zone or I might stroke out in them middle of my post!

Comment

JoePa that is the Correct answer: In any forfieted game the final score is 2-0.

Kevin: My son's helmet rim got nicked with a pitch and he fell to the ground. Ump said "Strike Three, You're out!"

It took everything I had not to be one of those parents you hear about on TV.

Q3: US Navy Midshipman, Joseph Reeves (1893), University of Lafayette player George Barclay (1896) have been credited with introducing the helmet to football, however, this EXTREMELY famous and important person in another sport is often credited with designing and using the first "head protection" (now referred to as a "helmet" although it is a far cry from a helmet) in football in 1891, who is he?
                          a.d.

Comment

I should disqualify myself because I have driven through Almonte, Ontario, Canada for about 22 years on an annual fishing trip to the Ottawa River in Canada. Almonte just happens to be the birthplace of Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of basketball. Not until I finally stopped in 2009 did I learn he was Canadian and also the inventor of the first football helmet....which by the way is argued.

George Barclay designed a "head harness" in 1896 made of three leather straps to fit around his head and in 1893, U.S. Navy Midshipman, Joseph M. Reeves designed a protective mole-skin device for his head for the 1893 Army-Navy Game because a doctor told him that he risked death if he took another blow to the head....he had multiple concussions.

Comment

JoePa,

You are correct the first VERY PRIMITIVE helmet was created by Dr. James Naismith the inventor of Basketball. He created it to protect his ear (it was a lot like ear-muffs) one ear was so messed up from playing center that he had a remarkable "cauliflower" ear. His ear was so messed up that it was listed on his passport as a identifying feature.

Q4: I only know this because I personally know the person, I doubt you can even find this by googling it on the internet:

When IBM worked with Miscrosoft and created an operating system called "Windows" they came up with a way to suspend all running programs and start a system tool called "Task Manager". They needed a series of keys to kit to start the "Task Manager," no matter what programs were running or what inteface was being used. Eventually, this became "CTRL+ATL+DEL." When you press these keys together your computer stops and interrupts whatever is running to allow you to manager the computer. The man who came up with the series of three keys (not the person who came up with task manager) attended what college?

I'll give you 24 hours and give you a hint.

Horf!n
                              a.d.

Comment

Working...
                              X