Tim Donaghy Suns/Spurs FIXED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Donaghy Suns/Spurs FIXED

I remember watching this and thinking it was so bad it was a joke. There are plenty more if you look up Donaghy's name on YouTube involving calls for Wade and against Bosh, etc etc....

The NBA is completely ****ed. There are definitely more officials involved, IMHO and if they discover players are as well it's really going to be an atrocity of epic (sports) proportion.

YouTube - Tim Donaghy and crew fix game 3 of Suns-Spurs

The line was Spurs -5 and th O/U was 201. It's comforting to know that the team that won the championship got there (in part) because of a fixed game. Breen and Barry's comments are priceless. You can tell they almost wish they could say, "If I didn't know better, I'd think this game was fixed?"

Oh, by the way, Spurs won 108-101... Cash that OVER and Spurs Timmy! Cash it!!!!
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 07-23-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Some of those calls were definately bogus but how does Donaghy convince the rest of the crew to make bad calls as well?
      Soccer: 28-28-1 (+4.82 Units) / parlays: 2-2 (+2.04 Units)

Comment

Originally posted by Benrik View Post
        Some of those calls were definately bogus but how does Donaghy convince the rest of the crew to make bad calls as well?
        I personally think there are more referees involved in this. We shall see in time, because Donaghy will be arrested and then he will sing like a sparrow when the time comes I would assume. I'm not necessarily saying I think those two guys were involved, but I my guess is that more refs are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
          Oh, by the way, Spurs won 101-101... Cash that OVER and Spurs Timmy! Cash it!!!!
          They "won" the game 101-101?
          Something IS fishy there!
          lol.

This is amazing...I figured people would be scouring his games for examples!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            lol.

This is amazing...I figured people would be scouring his games for examples!
            I think they have been. Check out youtube
            Soccer: 28-28-1 (+4.82 Units) / parlays: 2-2 (+2.04 Units)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              lol.
              Ha, obvious typo. Thats funny! That is the only example I've seen that is blatantly obvious. I know they said something like 28 of the 163 games he refereed in the past two years had "consensus Vegas line movement of 2 or more points". Vegas line movement though is not a factor here IMHO because these guys were obviously betting offshore, and not through Vegas.

Two games I know of were Sixers/Raptors on January 15th and Rockets/Suns on January 17th. Sixers opened -1 and Raptors closes -1.5 and won by 18 or something. Suns opened at -4.5 and closed at -8, but McGrady didn't play that night so the line movement can be attributed that I'd guess. That game the Suns won by 9 after being down 15 in the 1H.

After January 1st they've found I think 11 examples of line movement in Donaghy's games and 7 of the 11 cashed with the line movement.

Comment

An interesting point on the Suns/Spurs Game 3 (which seems to further the argument that this could have been a fixed game) where Donaghy and his mob "buddies" had the OVER and the Spurs -5 is that in Game 2 the teams shot a combined 35 free throws and in Game 3 both teams shot 63 free throws. SAS shot 36 and PHX shot 27.

Comment

i heard on the radio that in the last 2 seasons or last year (dont know which it referred to) there were 14 games that involved him and big line moves in one direction. 12 of the 14 games paid off the line move. Also heard that only 44 percent of his games went over the total before the investigated time period.....58 percent went over during that period. dude was fixing games. i have never been a conspiracy theororist, but i think pro basketball games are the most likely thing to be fixed by refs because you can affect a game in the way you call it, the amount of fouls etc...... its pretty easy to sway a game the way you need it to go. Duncan and parker pick up 3rd fouls with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter...you call a ticky tack foul or maybe several in the last minute of a game to put it over the total...stuff like that. should be some fun stuff over the next few weeks.

Hey JML- you wouldn't find this kind of stuff going on in hockey that's for sure.....:beerbang:
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Local radio Hack (Darren Smith) told a story yesterday about about a player on the court in the Sacramento / Indiana series of a few years ago...Game two, and this player who went nameless, but did color work for ESPN after he left B-Ball complained to the refs about calls, all calls, going against his team. Ref replied to the complaining by saying, "what are you worried about? The series is going 5 games anyway."
                    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

i know just because we all bet on these games and we have had our share of losses that were close and decided by a ref that we are quick to jump to blame the refs (and now we almost have proof! LOL)

but no one can be surprised. even people who dont gamble or know nothing about gambling.

basketball just lends itself more opportunities to be fixed.

and the temptation is there.

and sorry Silver and Black, respectfully i have to say that story means nothing to me. any smug ref or arrogant fan/player can proclaim"this game is going 5" as a matter of fact manner. just gotta take it with a grain of salt.

now if he were to say, this is going to 5 games, you are gonna win 4-1 and the final game's score is 85-90, that would mean something, but then again thats just too blatantly obvious LOL
                      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

guys, I have made a comment many of times, while watching a game, during an "ingame" thread: "I know who the ref bet on". This aint nothin' new, and Donaghy sure in the hell aint the only ref with his hand in the cookie jar. Do all the games get "fixed"? No f'n way, just watch out for the "LOCKS"!
                        Last edited by homedawg; 07-25-2007, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                          guys, I have made a comment many of times, while watching a game, during an "ingame" thread: "I know who the ref bet on".
                          can you post sooner? so we can squeeze in a 2H bet, or a 4Q bet? LOL :beerbang:
                          :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                          -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                            can you post sooner? so we can squeeze in a 2H bet, or a 4Q bet? LOL :beerbang:

:nuts: Can ya watch the game(I mean watch the ref)?????????????:boog:

Comment

btw, its been proven, many times in the past, its not only the refs...:beer2:

Comment

Working...
                              X