Moneygram question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneygram question

Does anybody here have any experience using moneygram?

The book I'm using (caribsports) says the easiest, and cheapest, way for me to make a deposit these days is through moneygram. According to them its under $10 to send up to $2500 through an agent.

1) Should I send them the $2500 in 1 shot or should I break it up into smaller amounts in order to avoid detection?

2) Do I have to give them my SSN when making the transfer?

3) Also, don't these transactions normally have a person as the Pay To? The information they gave me has a collection of letters. There is also an accnt # for some place in Fla.

Any help would be appreciated.... thanks!!!

I dont know about moneygram, but if they asked me for my SSN I would not give them it.
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I've used MoneyGram (they are a Minnesota company - on the up and up as far as I understand). I didn't have any issues at all with them.

What you do is call MoneyGram and set up your account. I don't believe they required a SSN though. Anyway, after setting up your account, you call MoneyGram ahead of time and tell them 'Hey, I'm going to deposit X number of dollars into my MG account'. The MG rep does their thing to pre-authorize the deposit - I'm not sure why this is required...but it is for some reason.

Then, you go to a vendor (i.e. local SuperAmerica, for example, which is what I used) that deals with MoneyGram. You give the cashier your money, along with your MG account number, and the number for them in FL (it sounds like you may be using betus.com?).

Cashier takes your cash, they give you a receipt that has on it a confirmation number. You then call your book and give them your book account number and they'll ask you for the confirmation number for your MG deposit made at SA. Within about 10-20 minutes, your account should have the funds in them.

Hope that helps...good luck.
      If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
      What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Thanks for the info NevadaJay!

Comment

Working...
        X