Wake Forest Caoch Skip Prosser dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Forest Caoch Skip Prosser dead

CBS Sportsline is reporting Prosser collapsed while jogging? Geez, that's gonna be very tough for such a small, tight-knot school to deal with. What a shame.

R.I.P Skip

ESPN hasn't even mentioned it and ESPN NEWS loses even more credibility as they have "breaking news" about Vick pleading "not guilty"... no ****, thanks for the newsflash on that one ESPN.

wow.....he was a former X guy.....that really is too bad.

You couldn't pay me to be a CBB coach, though, i love the game and have played it forever. It is just a grueling and unhealthy lifestyle you lead, being on the road for most of the year either coaching or recruiting. Not to mention the stress that comes with being a major college coach. Thoughts and prayers to the WFU and Prosser families.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Damn shame, he was a great coach!RIP Skip!

He put X on the map and made them a tourney player!

Comment

Rip

Comment

RIP :cry:
          Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

my thoughts and prayers go out to his family
            2009 NCAA Football
            Record: 41-38-1
            +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
            Record: 11-14-0
            +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
            Record: 15-15-2
            +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

R.I.P., Skip.

I would see Skip on campus when I was at X and he was an assistant coach. He was always friendly and would take the time to talk to anyone and everyone. My deepest sympathies go out to his wife and two sons, one of which is developmentally disabled. I was in shock when I heard the news yesterday. Today, I've had time to read all the articles about Skip and they are truly gut wrenching. He was beloved by all. Every editorial I've read today basically says the same thing....he was as good as it gets. Greg Doyel, from CBS Sportsline co-hosts a local radio show in Cincy....Doyel is in San Francisco following the Bonds' story for CBS Sportsline. He was on the radio this morning via telephone and he flat out stated that he didn't know if he could talk about the Prosser tragedy without crying because of how professional and friendly Prosser had been to him. He said Prosser was in his Top 2 in terms of coaches who were all around great guys.

When Gillen left Xavier, it was the spring of my junior year. When Prosser was announced as the head coach, I remember talking to a few of the players and asking them what they thought about Prosser being head coach...they all said the same thing...."we came to Xavier because of Prosser...not Gillen." They were all elated he was going to be their head coach. He was even best friends with Huggins....when Huggs had his heart attack a few years back, Prosser flew straight to Cincinnati and snuck his way into Huggs room to be with him. Even when Skip left X for Wake, he did so with class....and not one Xavier fan has ever uttered a disparaging comment about Skip for leaving.

Prosser was a gem in the big time sports business that is college basketball. Unfortunately, it took his untimely death for it to become a story. He is and always will be beloved by the Xavier community.

56 years old....Good Lord...he was taken much, much too early.
              "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Nigel - thanks for writing that. Often times, good men like Skip don't get their stories told. I love to hear and read about the side of the person we don't necessarily get to know via the media.

Blessings to his family. When it comes down to it, what else really, really matters?
                If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

I have seen a lot of Skip over the past 6 years because I am a Duke fan and watch a lot of ACC basketball. He was always a good coach and a solid guy. RIP, ACC basketball fans will miss you.
                  NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                  NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                  NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                  NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Gonna miss Skip......love the guys from X, Pete Gillen and Skip Prosser are two class guys. Sad to see another good guy go....RIP Skip!

Well said Nigel! :glass:
                    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I don't know how to post pics on this forum...but for anyone interested, this was a cartoon that was drawn by Jim Borgman in the Cincinnati Enquirer the day after Skip passed away.

I'm not going to lie...it brought a tear to my eye.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...opy-749335.gif
                      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
                      X