I think the judge in the Vick case...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the judge in the Vick case...

is somehow going to muck this case up. I think he's in too much of a hurry. I read this from an espn article:

"
    In another sign of the quick-step culture of the Richmond courthouse, Hudson told the lawyers he will select a jury in "a half a day." With enormous media coverage expected, coupled with the severity of the charges described in the indictment, two veteran Richmond defense lawyers -- both of whom have histories with Hudson -- thought it would take as much as a week to find 12 jurors who haven't already made up their minds on Vick.

"If Judge Hudson says a half a day, then it will be a half a day," one of them observed after the hearings.
    "

I hope it doesn't happen, but with the kind of money Vick has, and his ability to pay umpteen laywers (he had 5 with him today) to find some kind of technicality, I can see this judge screwing this up because he has a reputation to uphold now that it's been reported how swift his court normally moves.

God, I hope that doesn't happen, but it makes me cringe to read something like that. Anyone else feel that way?
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

im sure if vick gets off he and OJ will dedicate themselves to help find OJ's real killer and the person who knew about that dang dog fighting ring. Maybe it was the same guy. Maybe he didn't like Ron Goldman, Nicole or Pit Bulls. Perhaps the FBI should be profiling everyone in their database who is known to not like those 3 things......
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

"if you don't love your pit you must acquit"

"if it bit, you must acquit" :beerbang:

(And insert Escalade slow speed chase scene here)
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
        "if you don't love your pit you must acquit"

"if it bit, you must acquit" :beerbang:

(And insert Escalade slow speed chase scene here)
        That it TOOO funny Q!! its good to have a laugh when dealing with all this serious stuff. I sure hope the judge doesnt pull an Ito! I just think its bad timing for Vick. The public is so sick and tired of hearing about NFL players doing whatever, whenever, and getting a slap on the wrist! Who better to set an example on then Michael? If he gets found guilty and or suspended by the league, it will send shock waves through the rest of the players. If the NFL is willing to clown one of their premier athletes, imaginge what the will do to a rookie or a special teams guy?? I believe it would be good for the league to set that example and Vick basically volunteered himself by bodyslamming those poor dogs.... see ya number 7!!!!! Go hang out with your brother and talk about the good old days, when you could stomp a guy in the face and shock his dogs testicles.....

Comment

I heard he said they can pick the 16 person jury (including the 4 alternates) in 4 hours.

That's ******* ridiculous. This is gonna to be a racial nightmare in the first place and plus they have to find people who don't love or hate dogs ontop of the racial stuff. Also, it's in VA so they have to find people who don't either love or hate Vick with regard to sports.

The judge sounds like a real idiot for saying what he did, if you ask me.

Comment

I agree Cuse...I just don't understand how in one court in one state things can move so quickly with *felony* charges, yet in another state, hell, with another courtroom in the same state, this kind of case could be dragged out for months and months.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think something is going to implode on this judge and this case. We all know what the outcome should be...but seeing it happen is an entirely different story.

Say your prayers fellas...

Comment

It dont take long to pick a jury. Now if his lawyer wants to muck up things he can hire a jury expert to help tell him what one's he wants to challange. My uncle got called to jury duty one time he was mad about missing a day's work. The lawyer asked him if he knew what innocent meant until proven guilty. My uncle said yes but his got to but guilty or we would not be here today. The judge said thank you Mr. Cook your excused. My uncle left with a big smile on his face and then went to work. LOL
              NFL 2-0. Week 1
              Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                It dont take long to pick a jury. Now if his lawyer wants to muck up things he can hire a jury expert to help tell him what one's he wants to challange. My uncle got called to jury duty one time he was mad about missing a day's work. The lawyer asked him if he knew what innocent meant until proven guilty. My uncle said yes but his got to but guilty or we would not be here today. The judge said thank you Mr. Cook your excused. My uncle left with a big smile on his face and then went to work. LOL
                hahahaa! Your uncle is one smart man! That's great. Thanks for sharing tht Queen!

Comment

Vick deserves to rot in jail for that ****.....sorry but if it looks like a duck ,walks like a duck, and swims like a duck.....the bassard is a duck!
                  Defense is the best Offense.

Comment

Working...
                  X