Golf question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf question!

I know some of you fellows play a bit of the golf. I played for the first time on Sunday and shot a 160 on 18 holes.. LOL.

Do you guys remember what your first score was first time ever out on the golf course? I'm trying to see where I stand to see if I should even bother playing again!

On the bright side if I can shave 90-95 strokes off my game I'll be in the PGA in no time.
    2009 NCAA Football
    Record: 41-38-1
    +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
    Record: 11-14-0
    +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
    Record: 15-15-2
    +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

41....but the 3rd hole had a windmill on it and I got a double bogey, so the score should have been a lot better. GL!

Comment

Originally posted by ncsucharlie View Post
      I know some of you fellows play a bit of the golf. I played for the first time on Sunday and shot a 160 on 18 holes.. LOL.

Do you guys remember what your first score was first time ever out on the golf course? I'm trying to see where I stand to see if I should even bother playing again!

On the bright side if I can shave 90-95 strokes off my game I'll be in the PGA in no time.

i believe i shot a 119 on 18.......and that was 5-6 years ago (im now 20) i dont golf as much as i used to .......its rather expensive to play 18 these days.....$20 a pop or so.......so i have just been playing a ton of tennis (love playing tennis) golf is nice too ......just sucks its somewhat expensive
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

I played for the first time on Sunday and shot a 160 on 18 holes.. LOL.
        :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the laughter... (it does a body good)

Please dont quit your day job, in the meantime!

1-spend alot of time at the driving range!

2-spend alot of time at the putt-putt course!

3-get yourself some clubs that fit you!

4-keep your eye on the ball at all times!

5-it wouldn't hurt to watch golf on tv or even get a trainin' video!

Good Luck with your pga career... just remember me when you make it bigtime...:beerbang:

Comment

I'm surprised you have the strength to still type. Sound like the best ball you hit is when you stepped on the rake.

Don't remember my first score, but I do know that before I got to 160, I'd be out of balls and clubs.

practice, practice, practice

Comment

The first time I played it was a nine hole course and it cost me $1.50 to play it!!! LMAO!!! You want me to remember my score???

If you are going to bother first thing to do is to spend the money on lessons right away. No reason to grove a bad swing then spend the next 25 years trying to fix it. The true golf swing is a funky kind of swing and pretty unnatural feeling. Letting the trunk of your body create club speed and letting your hands drop in with almost no grip pressure and no force feels very strange when you first do it. I can tell you this too I think when I was younger I would have been on my way to some serious competing and possibly the pro's had I not crushed my arm. The first time I shot 2 under par when when I was 13 years old. I crushed my arm that same summer and I haven't shot 2 under since. I have eked out par for nine once or twice since then but even getting back to there was a major major pain in the butt.

I had my ball speed tested and it came off the club at 182 mph. That's about 5 mph less than a tiger woods drive!!! Except I hit mine out of sight and not right down the fairway where they belong!!! LOL

Good luck it's a great game if you do it right from the start you can progress fast.
            I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
            2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
            3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
              expensive to play 18 these days.....$20 a pop or so.......
              Is this for real?
              $20?
              Expensive?

I would kill for a $20 green fee....not too many courses around Toronto for under $100.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                Is this for real?
                $20?
                Expensive?

I would kill for a $20 green fee....not too many courses around Toronto for under $100.

when your 20 and making **** money at your job..........$20 is like 2-3 hours of work at your job

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                  Is this for real?
                  $20?
                  Expensive?

I was thinking the same thing. I would kill to pay $20 for 18 holes.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing. I would kill to pay $20 for 18 holes.
                    Seriously...I think mini-putt is even $20 these days...lol! I golfed and my Brother-in-Law's course last month, Wooden Sticks, and it was $160. Nice Course, but oofph.

Comment

Ill chime in here with my first post ever.

You played 18 holes for 20 bucks...

I usually win or lose 25 bucks on each hole lol.

My suggestion would be, let the club do the work. swing smooth and keep your eye on the ball and follow through. Make a nice smooth swing stop earlier at the top of the swing then longer and just let the club go through and hit the ball. Don't try swing out of your shoes and hit it 400 yards each time, its the exact opposite.
                      Always tip the beer cart lady.

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                        i dont golf as much as i used to .......its rather expensive to play 18 these days.....$20 a pop or so......
                        I'm assuming you're talking about........... Evergreen, or Grover Cleveland? The places that cheap around here are almost public courses that aren't maintained very well & have no terrain whatsoever... there are some decent course like Deerwood that'll run you $55, which is not bad. I'm golfing at Chestnutt Hill out by Darien in a couple weeks. Did it last summer & hjad a blast! $125 bucks for 18 with martinis at the first hole, lunch, steak dinner, a $20,000 hole in one competition & beers throughout. My goal will be to try & keep both eyes open by the 18 hole :drunk:

Personally I've only been golfing for 3 years, & am hardly respectable. anything under a 90 is great for me, but I love it.

JML- have you been to any solid places in the Fort Erie area? I've heard there are some decent ones, but not from anyone firsthand. Anywhere in that area takes me 20 minutes to get to, I've been thinking of doing a little Golf/Horses/Bars excursion....
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

lol thanks for the responses .. yeah I payed $35 to play in Wake Forest, not too bad at all.. I did do better 4 strokes better on the back nine than the front. I'll continue to practice, probably need to go to a driving range or something first LOL.
                          2009 NCAA Football
                          Record: 41-38-1
                          +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
                          Record: 11-14-0
                          +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
                          Record: 15-15-2
                          +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

probably need to go to a driving range or something first LOL.
                            :th: the range rocks!!!! I take my BB with me and crush those range balls over the net!!!

its a whole lotta fun for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                              I'm assuming you're talking about........... Evergreen, or Grover Cleveland? The places that cheap around here are almost public courses that aren't maintained very well & have no terrain whatsoever... there are some decent course like Deerwood that'll run you $55, which is not bad. I'm golfing at Chestnutt Hill out by Darien in a couple weeks. Did it last summer & hjad a blast! $125 bucks for 18 with martinis at the first hole, lunch, steak dinner, a $20,000 hole in one competition & beers throughout. My goal will be to try & keep both eyes open by the 18 hole :drunk:

Personally I've only been golfing for 3 years, & am hardly respectable. anything under a 90 is great for me, but I love it.

JML- have you been to any solid places in the Fort Erie area? I've heard there are some decent ones, but not from anyone firsthand. Anywhere in that area takes me 20 minutes to get to, I've been thinking of doing a little Golf/Horses/Bars excursion....
                              ive played grover enough times to know its a **** hole.......ive been playing alot at oak run out near lockport ....after 4pm only $11 bucks for 18 w/o a cart......so its not too bad ........and its a semi-decent golf course......my golf game is bad (used to play all the time when i was like 12-13) but lately not so much so my game has tailed off so im not willing to pay $35 a pop because i know i suck.....id rather put that $35 in my gas tank :nuts: :nuts:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
                              X