please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

Spyware has a pop up add that I can't get rid of. everytime I go to a new page, the pop up comes up for me to register. Everyfukn time. How do I get rid of that ****.
    If its fun, do it

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
    Spyware has a pop up add that I can't get rid of. everytime I go to a new page, the pop up comes up for me to register. Everyfukn time. How do I get rid of that ****.
    pageing HD :sm: :beerbang:
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!

download & run the "free home version".... see if it finds it and wipes it away...

Comment

Thanx for your time HD. It didn't work, but you tried and Kudo's to you from me for the effort. This **** is getting on my nerves. I automatically move my cursor over to the spot I know I'm going to have to click everytime I go to a new page. I just don't know how to get rid of it and I just don't know how much more I can take of it. I'm at my wits fkn end with this
        If its fun, do it

Comment

Thanx for your time HD. It didn't work, but you tried and Kudo's to you from me for the effort. This **** is getting on my nerves. I automatically move my cursor over to the spot I know I'm going to have to click everytime I go to a new page. I just don't know how to get rid of it and I just don't know how much more I can take of it. I'm at my wits fkn end with this

I'm not done!!! do you want the easy method or the difficult 1?????:beer2:

Comment

When did you first notice this popup????? What OS do you have???

If you know when it started showing up, & runnin' XP, the easy way to rid it:

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
            On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
            On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list(from the date before this popup started showing up), click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
            On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
            Last edited by homedawg; 08-05-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

the more time consuming way is to first start with this:

HijackThis Tutorial - How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers & Spyware

HijackThis™ is a free utility which quickly scans your Windows computer to find settings that may have been changed by spyware, malware or other unwanted programs. HijackThis creates a report, or log file, with the results of the scan.

IMPORTANT: HijackThis does not determine what is good or bad. Do not make any changes to your computer settings unless you are an expert computer user.

Advanced users can use HijackThis to remove unwanted settings or files.

Not an expert? Just save the HijackThis report and let a friend with more troubleshooting experience take a look. A large community of users participates in online forums, where experts help interpret HijackThis scan results to clean up infected computers.

:beer2:

Comment

if you are going to use HiJackThis get it from here:

http://danborg.org/spy/hjt/alternativ.exe

Just remember to save it on your HD, and remember where you put it..

Comment

Yo Dawg, its gone. Where I fkd up was I went and clicked yesterday, but the ol lady said it happened to her yesterday. So I went and clicked Tuesfknday. Worked like a charm. Thanx chief. I can finally relax. OH it was terrible. Thanx man
                  If its fun, do it

Comment

Yo Dawg, its gone. Where I fkd up was I went and clicked yesterday, but the ol lady said it happened to her yesterday. So I went and clicked Tuesfknday. Worked like a charm. Thanx chief. I can finally relax. OH it was terrible. Thanx man

:beerbang: everything you have done on your 'puter since the "restore point" is gone...

download superantispyware again, and run it periodically...:thumbs:

GO:8:

Comment

H-Dawg- anymore helpful downloads that can increase our computers performance?

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                        H-Dawg- anymore helpful downloads that can increase our computers performance?

I've got many, many more.....:beer2:

how 'bout this:

right click on your desktop toolbar, select task manager click on: Processes

then click on: CPU---> 2 times

it will show, what is runnin' in the background on your computer and using up all your ram....

alot of times there are programs running in the, "background", that are NOT necessary!:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                          I've got many, many more.....:beer2:

how 'bout this:

right click on your desktop toolbar, select task manager click on: Processes

then click on: CPU---> 2 times

it will show, what is runnin' in the background on your computer and using up all your ram....

alot of times there are programs running in the, "background", that are NOT necessary!:beerbang:

who do we make the check payable to for all of this advice?
                          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                            who do we make the check payable to for all of this advice?

kevin's Christmas toy drive
                            predictem.com
                            PO Box 428
                            The Dalles, Oregon 97058

:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                              kevin's Christmas toy drive
                              predictem.com
                              PO Box 428
                              The Dalles, Oregon 97058

:beerbang: