• Breeders Cup Friday Play

Monmouth Park
    Race 8 $2 Pick 3 Cost $48
    8)#3 Dream Rush/#4 Maryfield/#7 La Traviata
    9)#4 Cherokee Triangle/#5 Strike the Deal/#7 Nownownow/#9 Prussian
    10)#1 Discreet Cat/#3 Wanderin Boy
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

GL birds. I guess I'm going on Saturday since I can't sell the tickets. I am going to head over there today I think to check out how everything looks. Not raining right now.

You got anything good for today's card?

Comment

nothing for today I did not get time to look at it. I am praying it does not rain of Sat:cross: What Sec are you sitting in?
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
        nothing for today I did not get time to look at it. I am praying it does not rain of Sat:cross: What Sec are you sitting in?
        Birds - Place looks GREAT. I mean, I've never been to Churchill Downs or anything and I'm sure it looks nothing like that, but for Monmouth Park it really looks fantastic. I am sitting in Section 913 which are the elevated bleachers by the last turn. Your seats are as far away from mine as we possibly could be, haha...

It was POURING when I was there today. The track is muddy as all hell, but it's has since stopped raining. I thought I overheard someone say that they canceled all turf races today and were thinking of canceling them for tomorrow too.

As for the facility, I don't know if you've ever been there or not but they removed all the bleachers in front of the grandstand in replaced them with white chairs. They also added bleachers behind the chairs, and then the grandstand is behind the temporary bleachers. Down the back stretch near the old picnic area (which is where I will be) they have seats on the rail and then bleachers elevated above them. Where you are they have three pretty good sized sets of elevated bleachers (maybe 4) so you should be able to see everything pretty good unless you are in the front couple rows maybe and could be obstructed at times??? They put two big screen monitors in (which I think they could have made bigger, or added another one), but it's better than nothing (you won't be able to see either one though from where you are, and it will be a stretch for me to see the one too where I am I think).

As far as I read, you can't bring ANYTHING in there except your twig and berries and your cash to lose. Prices for food are freaking outrageous too ($10 hamburgers, $5 hot dogs, and $4 drinks, beers were $7.50 I think). Eat and drink up in the car on the way there to save some cash is my recommendation. If I go, I will definitely be tossing a fe back before going in and I have have four tickets, and I think only one buddy is going with so we might go out after the 3rd/4th race and reload so we don't have to buy many, if any, beers inside. They are making it out like getting in there is going to be hell off Route 36 (which is always traffic ridden), but I don't think it's going to be THAT bad - especially if you aren't showing up like right at noon and trying to rush in.

Anyway, if you need directions or anything get my email from Kev or catch me on AIM. There was no one there today so I left early, just wanted to see it. Couple races I saw, the horses dominated. Sir Winston in the 1st, Sunday Elegance broke it's maiden for Pletcher with an absolutely incredible ride, and then Calabria Bella came easily at 22 to 1 in the 3rd.

:thumbs:
        Last edited by CuseFan10; 10-25-2007, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Nice Cuse sound like they did a good job. those food price are crazy. If I get a chance to get down by your seats I will try to find you, I will be in my Ray Rice jersey:beerbang: As for the rain I heard it may stop in the morning, lets hope. The Rain may help get some real big prices:beerbang:
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Nice Cuse sound like they did a good job. those food price are crazy. If I get a chance to get down by your seats I will try to find you, I will be in my Ray Rice jersey:beerbang: As for the rain I heard it may stop in the morning, lets hope. The Rain may help get some real big prices:beerbang:

They have a high of 72 degrees and breezy with some showers for tomorrow here. Problem is that the tarck is only about 5-6 miles from the ocean so the winds tend to me higher. I agree on the prices and the weather. I am goi gnto Philyl today to loko at engagemetn rings wity ha buddy, mostlyfor him but some for me to so I get a nidea of how much I'll want to bitch slap my girlfriend whe nI buy the thing... haha. Gonna try to be back by 4pm for the races.

Good luck, I'll most likely be waering my Mets hat and my Jeremy Ito jersey... :thumbs:

Comment

If it rains heavily tomorrow is there an actual possibility that they go off the turf? That would be a HUGE disappointment and would look very bad on the sport if the races geared to the turf weren't run there.

I'm capping some races for later today, but the Saturday card is the one I'm really eyeing. But I do like an exacta in the mile:

8,6,5/8,6,9,5,1

Trying to beat the chalk but have a chance to make my money back if he happens to get up to second. I really think Gotcha Gold(6) is a live longshot in here, posting huge speed figures in his last few races. He also holds a victory at 1m over Lawyer Ron, which at any distance is a nice thing to have IMO.

Comment

I will try and make it your way Cuse. We may be the only two in RU jerseys. big game vs WVU hope they pull it out

Nittany no way in hell they go off the turf. they are taking all none BC races off the turf to save it for the BC. As for Gotcha Gold he was the only speed in the race vs Lawyer Ron and lots of speed in the mile. Wanderin Boy is very good on a wet track.
                NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I usually have my worst days on wet days, I always feel like it favors speed so I think Gotcha Gold can jump out and set the pace and maybe take it wire to wire. It's atleast worth my money for the price his exotic would pay.

Comment

I will try and make it your way Cuse. We may be the only two in RU jerseys. big game vs WVU hope they pull it out

Nittany no way in hell they go off the turf. they are taking all none BC races off the turf to save it for the BC. As for Gotcha Gold he was the only speed in the race vs Lawyer Ron and lots of speed in the mile. Wanderin Boy is very good on a wet track.
                    Ha, I'm kidding. I don't have an Ito jersey. I will be in Mets hat (white dude, about 5'7''-5'8'') if I even go. I'm not going if it's raining I don't think.

Holy **** your Pick 3 looks very good, good luck with it!!!

Comment

He should be a good price. First two legs home with #4 Maryfield at $18 and #7 Nownownow $27. Hope I can get the last leg should pay good.
                      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Birds, would be nice to hit that P3 today and have a little extra cash for tomorrow, I'll be pullin' for your guys if I can't hit mine.:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          Ha, I'm kidding. I don't have an Ito jersey. I will be in Mets hat (white dude, about 5'7''-5'8'') if I even go. I'm not going if it's raining I don't think.

Holy **** your Pick 3 looks very good, good luck with it!!!
                          LMAO Cuse I am praying right now:cross:
                          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

He should be a good price. First two legs home with #4 Maryfield at $18 and #7 Nownownow $27. Hope I can get the last leg should pay good.
                            I bitched out with Maryfield after talking about that horse all day. Took Gio Ponti in the last race but just couldn't get through traffic the whole race w as locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                              Birds, would be nice to hit that P3 today and have a little extra cash for tomorrow, I'll be pullin' for your guys if I can't hit mine.:beerbang:
                              GL with the exacta Nittany. Cuse I cant see how Maryfield was that big of a price he loves the slop. the turf is all about traffic
                              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Working...
                              X