Top 10 Derby horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No biz like showbiz

is gonna be my Derby pick Birds. What do you think .. He gonna be the favorite though huh?
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

He has a good shot at it. I think the odds will be wide open. I dont think you will see any horse under 4-1. As for my derby horse as of right now it would be Chelokee looks like he will get in on the $100,000 and I like his tactical speed and late kick. For the Derby I like to find a good stalker. Most of the time the front runners dont hold up and with 20 horses the deep closers have traffic problems.
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

If you want free replays of the Derby Preps

Horse Racing and Breeding Information from The Blood-Horse
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

There is going to be a hot pace IMO in this one. I'm not sure any of the front runners will have a shot to go the distance if you ask me. Cowtown Cat, Nobiz, among others will have this thing at a blistering pace. Tiago and Circular Quay are closers that I feel will have a good shot to take it.

Much more capping to go but that's just one man's preliminary thoughts.

Comment

Nittany IMO I dont see a real fast pace. I think it will be :46 and 1:11. I see Stormello, Xchanger(If he goes), Liquidity, Cobalt Blue, Sam P., Teuflesberg, and Cowtown Cat all trying for the lead, and all like to run :46 and 1:11. Here is what I have so far.

Tossing
            Imawildandcrazyguy
            Bwana Bull
            Sedgefield
            Sam P.
            Cobalt Blue
            Liquidity
            Xchanger
            Zanjero
            Storm in May
            Cowtown Cat
            Tiago
            Stormello
            Curlin
            Circular Quay

Still in it
            Any Given Saturday
            Hard Spun
            Dominican
            Chelokee(If he Makes it)
            Great Hunter
            Nobiz Like Shobiz
            Scat Daddy
            Street Sense

I am heading down on Monday. I am going to be at the track in the morning
            to watch the horses go out and walk the track and maybe see the last works before the Derby. If I see anything I will post it.
            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Last 10 years
              Year 1/2 3/4 winner 1/2 3/4

2006 :46.07 1:10.88 Barbaro 4 4
              2005 :45.38 1:09.59 Giacomo 18 18
              2004 :46.73 1:11.80 Smarty Jones 4 2
              2003 :46.23 1:10.48 Funny Cide 3 3
              2002 :47.04 1:11.75 War Emblem 1 1
              2001 :44.86 1:09.25 Monarchos 13 10
              2000 :45.99 1:09.99 Fusaichi Pegasus 13 11
              1999 :47.88 1:12.52 Charismatic 7 7
              1998 :45.75 1:10.62 Real Quiet 6 6
              1997 :47.55 1:12.23 Silver Charm 4 3

Only 3 times in the last ten years has the winner been further than 7 at the 1/2, and those three races had a real hot pace.
              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Chelokee is passing on the race. This Derby is much harder than last year's to cap IMO. Missed the Tri by 1 place last year, had the 1-2-4 right in my part-wheel. Ended up hitting the tri in both the Belmont and Breeder's Cup though. This is a wide open field with so many that can win the thing that I'm trying to avoid laying the chalk with Curlin as much as possible. Curlin's stalking style could be beneficial to him though. Head Spun is another horse that I believe is a stalker as well. Zanjero is an immediate toss due to the fact that he has never had a 100 BRIS speed figure. Scat Daddy has Prado on him, and that dude is nothing but a winner so he gets an immediate look from me.

I think the splits will be similar to last year's race and maybe even a bit faster.

Again, just thoughts from one man and still a lot of work to do before next Saturday. But I never like a front-runner in the Derby, last year Sinister Minister was a horse I threw out right away and he proved why, running the first splits in 22 and 46, he fell apart down the stretch.

Comment

Yup Nittany Chelokee is shipping back home. Hard Spun is a stalker and you may be able to get a good price on him. I am thinking maybe 10-1 to 15-1, if not for one bad race he would not have a loss. I hate that Circular Quay has had 8 weeks off that is a long time to come back and win the Derby. IMO Curlin will get bet hard and he has not been tested yet. I dont think he will hit the board, and that would make for some good payoffs.
                  NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Wow did Hard Spun look great he worked 5 furlongs in 57.60 and looked like he was not even trying. When he came off the track he was not breathing hard at all, and his coat looked real good.:beerbang:
                    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Got some tosses for ya Birds. Let's see if we're ont he same page:

Stormello
                      Teuflesberger
                      Bwana Bull
                      Cobalt Blue
                      Curlin(just because he will be such a heavy chalk)
                      Liquidity
                      Cowtown Cat

That's the tosses so far. And a little side note, Nobiz like Shobiz is owned by a PSU alum, so he has to get some love!

Comment

Nittany I am with you on all of them. LMAO about Nobiz. I got to see Curlin up close today and he is a small little guy I dont know how he is going to take the big field.
                        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Xchanger bowing out now too. That takes some speed off the front. It looks like a field full of stalkers to me as I keep going through things. I'm not sure how that's going to end up working out, but the fractions may not be as swift as I had anticipated. I think it will be a hot pace, but not neckbreaking speed as I had once though.

Comment

Yup may be a soft pace. I think Hard Spun has enough speed to maybe pull off the War Emblem wire to wire if it is a soft pace. The more I look at this the more I fall in love with Hard Spun:beerbang:
                            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Birds, you've already probably seen this but here's the PP's for the derby contenders:

http://www.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/..._derby_pps.pdf

Comment

Thanks Nittany did not know they had them up yet:beerbang: Just taking a fast look Any Given Saturday, Hard Spun, and Street Sense all look to be ready to run a big race.
                                NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Working...
                                X