No announcement yet.

Top 10 Derby horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Quay looks ready for a bounce, which I don't like considering I really like him a lot.

- Street Sense has ran against some tough ass competition and done very well. I think there's about an 80% chance he hits the board. I would be very surprised to see him out of the tri.

- The more I look at Curlin the more I realize why he is the chalk in this thing. He has the chance to do a Barbaro in this race if he runs like he did in the Ark Derby. Hasn't run below a 97 Beyer and never ran less than 5 3/4 lengths ahead of the next closest. He hasn't run against anyone besides Storm in May, but you can't look past what he's done.

- Great Hunter is a horse that I'm back on. He was a trendy pick before his last race when he bounced a bit and had a bad run and the fractions weren't favoring him. I may only be on him for a day, but I like him as of this minute.

- I'm starting to think there will be more speed again. Stormello's trainers said he's going to sit back in this race, but he has never done that in any of his races yet. He's usually around 22-23 and 45-46 in his first fractions, not good come derby time. Sam P and Teuflesberger will go with him, I'm sure of that. Though there are no Keyed Entry or Sinister Minister in this one.

- I have a feeling Any Given Saturday will run good at CD. If his post favors it, he can stalk with the best of them.

Things will become clearer when the posts are chosen tomorrow at 5 PM. Until then it will not be seen who will be able to find their way to the 6-12 spots and put themselves in position to overtake the lead. And it will be interesting to see where Tiago and Circular Quay are placed. If this thing goes real hot and Curlin makes a move too early, they will become players.

And it's never too late for anyone out there to learn how to read a DRF. It should be common knowledge for any degenerate gambler:

Daily Racing Form - Past Perfomance Tutorial

Comment

IMO Curlin will need a perfect trip to win and that is real hard to do in the derby. I think with him being a smaller horse when he gets bumped it will take alot out of him. I dont like the layoff for CQ. Great Hunter may be a real good price and has a real good shot at winning it. degenerate gambler that is me:thumbs:
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
        Wow did Hard Spun look great he worked 5 furlongs in 57.60 and looked like he was not even trying. When he came off the track he was not breathing hard at all, and his coat looked real good.:beerbang:
        :laughing:

Haha, I'm sorry but horse racing talk/people cracks me up. You can read that book til your head spins and watch the horse run every race, warmup, and practice known to man but they are horses. If it doesn't feel like running, it won't. I just never understood how people could be so into horses (on a level other than recreational).

"His coat looked REAL GOOD!!!" :spin:

Comment

Cuse I am telling you when you see them in person you can tell alot of how the horse is feeling and if he is ready to run a big race or if he may not feel so good and will bounce. But then again you are a Mets fan so what do you know:laughing:
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

1 Sedgefield 50-1
            2 Curlin 7-2
            3 Zanjero 30-1
            4 Storm in May 30-1
            5 Imawildandcrazyguy 50-1
            6 Cowtown Cat 20-1
            7 Street Sense 4-1
            8 Hard Spun 15-1
            9 Liquidity 30-1
            10 Teuflesberg 30-1
            11 Bwana Bull 50-1
            12 Nobiz Like Shobiz 8-1
            13 Sam P. 20-1
            14 Scat Daddy 10-1
            15 Tiago 15-1
            16 Circular Quay 8-1
            17 Stormello 30-1
            18 Any Given Saturday 12-1
            19 Dominican 20-1
            20 Great Hunter 15-1
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Can the 8th post win 4 Triple Crown races in a row I think so:beerbang: 15-1 on a horse that has only lost 1 race and is working like he is ready to run a huge race. I will take that:beer2:
              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
                Can the 8th post win 4 Triple Crown races in a row I think so:beerbang: 15-1 on a horse that has only lost 1 race and is working like he is ready to run a huge race. I will take that:beer2:
                :thumbs:
                NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Dont like Curlin on the inside but its a long race....A Good handicapper I know locally likes Curlin but heres what I'll be on

#6 Cowton Cat....Todd Pletcher Horse..Ill Derby winner
                  #14 Scat Daddy...Todd Pletcher Horse, Like Prado...and the fact this horse wins, also a FL Derby Winner helps me like it
                  #15 Tiago....Playing the bloodline here...and Mike Smith knows how to win this race.
                  #16 Circular Quay..Todd Pletcher Horse, Like Velazquez, 2 races ago avoided a fallen Jockey, otherwise ran well...5 races in 2 years 3 wins 2 places
                  #18 Any Given Saturda...Todd Pletcher horse...LOVE GOMEZ...IMO this is the horse to beat, and with Gomez on it I'll have him on every combination.

I dont see the love on Hard Spun, should be a wet track and there are horses that can outlast him. When I talk to my "guy" in the morning I may change this...but at this time not on my radar..
                  Curlin is a burner, but again a wet track will change the situation...

My guy is fella that has worked for me for 10 years, plays jockeys and breedlines and wins me money most of the time....He is all over Curlin, and I will probably have #2 in some exacta play but my feel is

18,14,15 over the 18,14,15,16, over the 14, 15,16,6,2

that is likely my ticket.................GL to ya'll like the thread

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Comment

GL Hack It is very wet here and I see that playing right into Hard Spun. He has 1 race on a wet track and won by 5. SS did not like the wet track in his one race on it. Well I am off to the track hope everyone has a good day:beerbang:
                    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Thanks for the info on Hard Spun Birds, threw 50 on him to place and it paid about 240. Again.... :thx:
                      NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

No problem jcho. I just loved the way he was working all week, he just looked great and he ran a huge race today:beerbang:
                        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Birds, missed the tri by 1 horse again. Trying for the big pay I left Curlin out of it and it burned me, but it was fun nonetheless. I thought Circular Quay would get a better trip than he did with the hot pace. Hard Spun and Street Sense ran as anticipated but I was hoping someone would nose out Curlin for 3rd, and it didn't happen. Here was my ticket:

7,8,12,16 Box.

Again came up short in the derby, but hit the winner just like last year.

Here's to hoping the Preakness is a better race.

Comment

Thanks Sucks Nittany. I hate when one horse kills a play. the Preakness should be a good race with lots of good horses:beerbang: should have the top 3 going on plus Chelokee and maybe Rags to Riches
                            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Birds, any chance Notional joins the field?

Comment

Notional will not run in the Preakness he fractured his left front ankle. that is why he was not in the Derby.

Street Sense, Hard Spun, Curlin, Sedgefield, Teuflesberg, Chelokee, C.P. West, King of the Roxy, Slew’s Tizzy, Xchanger, and either Flying First Class or Starbase are all being pointed to the Preakness. Rags to Richs may make the trip but they have not made up their minds yet.
                                Last edited by birdsfan5; 05-06-2007, 08:24 PM.
                                NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Working...
                                X