5)3/5/10/11/12
    6)5/12/15

Race 5 $1 Pick 3 $45
    5)3/5/10/11/12
    6)5/12/15
    7)8/9/12

Gulfstream Park
    Race 10 $100 Win #8 Elysium Fields
    Last edited by birdsfan5; 03-29-2008, 08:15 AM.
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Birdsfan-
    Whats up buddy? Hopefully I dont come off as a total dumb ass so bear with me buddy, serious question for you. Do you ever make any money with the ponies? I wouldnt have a clue how to even begin so I will leave this to you, just interested. Are you able to see any of the races, ala closed circuit or some sort of stream? Damn it seems very interesting. How do you know the books arent giving you crazy lines? Are you able to handicap these races yourself, like you do football for example? It just seems like the advantage would be with the books, but people make money obviously or their wouldnt be anyone such as yourself placing bets. Ive always wanted to take a trip to a track and put some money down with the boys. Seems like it would be a blast! Between the horses and nascar, birdsfan takes wagering to the next level. LOL! Well man, I wish you luck with them and hope the horses are good to you. Sorry for the rambling nonsense questions but Ive always found horse betting fascinating and I know your cool enough to give me a little info.
    Thanks B-fan!

Good luck!:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by No1mikefan View Post
      Birdsfan-
      Whats up buddy? Hopefully I dont come off as a total dumb ass so bear with me buddy, serious question for you. Do you ever make any money with the ponies? I wouldnt have a clue how to even begin so I will leave this to you, just interested. Are you able to see any of the races, ala closed circuit or some sort of stream? Damn it seems very interesting. How do you know the books arent giving you crazy lines? Are you able to handicap these races yourself, like you do football for example? It just seems like the advantage would be with the books, but people make money obviously or their wouldnt be anyone such as yourself placing bets. Ive always wanted to take a trip to a track and put some money down with the boys. Seems like it would be a blast! Between the horses and nascar, birdsfan takes wagering to the next level. LOL! Well man, I wish you luck with them and hope the horses are good to you. Sorry for the rambling nonsense questions but Ive always found horse betting fascinating and I know your cool enough to give me a little info.
      Thanks B-fan!

Good luck!:thumbs:

Yes you can make money, but it is very hard. As for watching them my cable has two horse racing channels TVG and HRTV. As for capping them I use the Daily Racing Form which is a paper with all the races in it and I watch replays of the past races. You cant get a crazy line you are not betting the books, all the money bet is pooled up and the track takes a % out the rest is for the winning tickets, so you are betting the other people. I would say you should go to the track with your boys it is a fun time. And yes I am a little nuts betting the horses and nascar:beer2:
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

More power to you birdsfan! Like I said, I wish you the best. I will really try to get to the track. Win or lose, I know it would be a lot of fun. I know they have a couple dog tracks around me, Dubuqe and Lake Geneva, I think. And Im pretty sure they have the horses around Chicago, no? Sounds like a road trip...LOL!
        Go get em Bfan!:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
        X