X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del Mar R8 - The G1 Pacific Classic

$100 PLACE

#3 SUN BOAT

While Lava Man is logical being that the race is in California, I simply see too many races on the polytrack where there are 5 or 6 horses killing eachother for the lead at the quarter pole. If Lava Man gets caught in any sort of speed dual early on, the race sets up perfect for a closer.

The best closer in this race is Sun Boat, and win or lose he's sure to give me a thrill as he'll try coming from last to first down the stretch.

GL Husky. I love Lava Man:beerbang: One of my all time favorite horses:beerbang:
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I loved Tiago but he has been since scratched. Carrying the lighter load and the fact that there should be at least 4(Lava Man, Albert Maximus, A.P. Xcellent, and Hello Sunday). The horses I look to come off the pace are:

Big Booster - Gets Gomez as his mount and showed he can run with Lava Man in the Hollywood Gold Cup coming off the pace to fall short by 3/4 of a length and was gaining at the end as the other 2 leveled off. He may not be used to this company, but he is worth a shot on the exotics, having hit the board inboth of his polytrack starts.

Arson Squad - Will come off the pace but not good enough IMO unless he is overlayed to 20/1.

Salty Humor - Normally a stalker but has never broke a 100 speed fig.

Porfido - Toss.

Student Council - Can come from off but could find himself up front if Migliore can't get him settled. Also never broke 100 speed fig.

Time Squared - You almost have to put him in the exotics due to his form on the poly. I think he will lay off and close from way off with Big Booster.

Sun Boat - I love this horse, he can come from way off or close. His pedigree is great and will get bet down.

With that said, and my views may be flawed, here's what I'm going with:

EX:

1,3,10,12/1,3,4,10,12

Tri:

1,3,10,12/1,3,4,10,12/1,3,4,5,10,11,12

Comment

Free PP's for Del Mar can be found here:

http://myweb.cableone.net/rushing/PPs/DMR081907pp.pdf

Comment

Race 7 Del Mar Mile(Turf):

Win/Place on:

#7 - Zann

Race 6:

Win:

#1 Overextended

Comment

Race 7 $50 Win #2 Becrux

Race 8 $10 Ex
            1)#1 Lava Man
            2)#4 Awesome Gem
            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Lava Man doesn't like the Poly, that's one thing for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                Lava Man doesn't like the Poly, that's one thing for sure.
                Del Mar is a joke, he ran well over Hollywood. IMO Del Mar better change that stuff before next year.:nuts: Student Council on any other track would not even be within 10 of lava man, sun boat, Awesome Gem, or Arson Squad.:bang:
                NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
                  Del Mar is a joke, he ran well over Hollywood. IMO Del Mar better change that stuff before next year.:nuts: Student Council on any other track would not even be within 10 of lava man, sun boat, Awesome Gem, or Arson Squad.:bang:
                  A serious thought, has there been more than a hand full of wire to wire(or any front end runners) winners at this meet? I haven't followed it closely but I knew it was killing speed, but today was astonishing. For a BC qualifying sprint race at 7f for there to be fractions of 24.17, 47.25, and 1:11.54 is mind blowing. Horses like Bordonaro and Greg's Gold regularly run 22, 44.2, and 1:09 and change or below on the front end. That poly surface needs changed before the next meet there or Del Mar will quickly lose a lot of the good horses that go there. Horses on Hollywood's poly surface were putting up faster fractions at a mile and over. I'm glad I haven't been playing Del Mar and will not for the rest of this meet.

Comment

Working...
                  X