Daddy's MLB Wednesday (3.21)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddy's MLB Wednesday (3.21)

Again... here's my TOP 6 plays for the day. I went (3-2) yesterday up like .12 of a unit thanks to the Indians. Fully updated post now, so here they are...

#1 Houston (-160) = *1.6 Units to win 1 Unit
    - D-Rays have won 2 in a row, and only won 4 all spring. Stros are 8-2 in their last 10 spring decisions. Good time to fade the D-Rays if you ask me. Shields has been tossin some good ball, but Woody, believe it or not might be in the No. 5 spot behind Wandy Rodriguez this year. He's been tossing some minor league games with elbow tenderness this spring, but after dropping 6 million on him this year, Stros are going to want to get some assurance of results, so I expect him to show something against a happy to be winning Tampa Bay team. Plus, this is Houston's 2nd look at Shields this spring. He did well on March. 11th when he threw 4 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs, and 5 K's. However, he picked up the loss that day, and I don't see why that won't happen again.

#2 Braves (-125) = *1.5 Units to win 1.2 Units
    - Redman was totally a fluke last year, and will never be an all-star again, but he's pitching for a damn contract this spring from the Braves! (Currently only has a minor league contract). Tim Redding is signed for near min., and might get a spot in the rotation, but he's got a new delivery this spring and is getting shelled while getting kinks worked out. Washington is coming off 4 straight days of games while Atlanta had a day off yesterday. Top hitters for the Nats this spring are Zimmerman, and Snelling. Scary. I like Francoeur, Langerhans, and Craig Wilson leading the Braves this spring much better. Braves are going to want to get a look at Redman and see his winning capability against a weaker opponent.

#3 Padres (-120) = *1.2 Units to win 1 Unit
    - Hensley has been solid this spring, pitching long enough to pick up the win last time out. Vargas is doin alright, but I feel the Pads are juiced after an extra inning win at PETCO last night over the Angels. Vargas has a rotation spot wrapped up, and isn't going to be pitching to impress today I feel. Hensley also has a spot in the rotation reserved, but he is in his sophomore year starting. I like his motivation a little more in this one.

#4 Mariners (+110) = *1 Unit to win 1.1 Units
    - More of a fade against looking to be traded to Baltimore Josh Fogg. Batista being 2-0 this spring doesn't hurt my case. Rockies have been W, L, W, L, W, L for a while now. They won last game. Earlier, they won 6-5 due to a couple gopher balls from Reitsma in their other meeting this spring against Seattle, I expect a solid showing from the Mariners team today.

#5 Mets (+115) = *.6 Units to win .69 Units
    - Oliver Perez is either hit or miss. But he's been doing more hitting this spring (not real hitting). Looks like he's got the No. 4 spot all wrapped up, but I don't think he's satisfied with that, being the former ace of the Pirates. Penny on the other hand has been horrible this spring. Working on his offspeed pitches is getting him knocked up. So much that the Dodgers are thinking about dumping him for the likes of Kuo and Billingsley. Now Penny is a masterful pitcher and that high heat is practically unhittable, but if he keeps tossing these grapefruit changeups, Mets will roll in this one. Only 1/2 unit because of the volatility of this game.

#6 A's (+100) = *.5 Unit to win .5 Unit
    - Blanton has been getting hit, but he's also got 10 K's in 9 innings this spring. Bannister however is feeling the effects of playin for the Royals. Royals had a day off yesterday which I'm sure is valuable in the spring. Both pitchers got roughed up their last time out, I might be biased but I'll take Blanton's splitter in this matchup anyday.

>>Took a look at Dice-K against Gorzelanny, but not much value against a fighting Pirate squad. BOLT! :beerbang:
    Last edited by Daddy Diego; 03-21-2007, 01:40 PM. Reason: added the Mets... gunna leave Oakland in there
    “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
    1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Just an amendment, not sure why the hell I said the Padres played at PETCO, they were the home team however.

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Good Luck DD

Comment

Thanks for the Mets pick, DD--it did me right on a small parlay.
        :glass: MLB 20-20
        :chaching: Soccer 9-4
        :blackeye: NBA 0-3
        :phew: Nascar 2-4

Comment

(4-2) +.19 Units

Two losses...

1) Another 1 inning veteran blowup. Woody will be No. 5 starter.

2) Braves give up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to lose 5-6.

Oh well, back at em tomorrow. :beerbang:

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Thx for the A's. Man, I can't wait till baseball gets here. Just barely maintaining my bankroll in college b-ball. The two winners you have provided are keeping me a float. Thanks for the informative posts!
            Come to daddy on an inside straight,
            Well I got no chance of losin' this time

YTD

MLB 0-0
            NCAA 5-3-1 (+2.4 units)
            NBA 0-0
            NHL 2-5 (-2.55 units)

Comment

Daddy's MLB Thursday (3.22)

Thanks Woodfall. Always glad to pull out some winners.
              Last edited by Daddy Diego; 03-22-2007, 12:03 PM.

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Working...
              X