X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball Sleeper

Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainright.

Draft him and thank me later ;)

More bold predictions for GOOD players to have this year that will go deep into the draft:

Cleve OF David Dellucci. This guy can hit.

Orioles 1B Aubrey Huff (comeback player of the year)

Mets P John Maine

KC 3b Mark Teahan

Sleepas!

Ian Snell of the Pirates should put up big strikeout numbers this year and will be able to pick up 2-3 more wins due to the offense being better. Just throwing him out there in the discussion. The rest of the Pirates staff should be DND unless you are in a deep league then Duke in the later rounds might be servicable.

Comment

albert pujols - sleeper of the year... you heard it here first

Comment

Hope you are right about Ian Snell, I have him in 1 of my leagues.

I would put Zach Greinke from the Royals as a sleeper, they say he has been pitching great this spring. Yeah, I know the Royals stink but I think they will be a bit better this year.

Eric Bedard and Rich Harden are 2 other guys that have been pitching well and although they are not sleepers you may be able to get good value with them. Also, if you are in a daily league you can get Bonds and just play him when he is in the lineup. He has been going real late and you know he will hit when he plays.

Comment

BTW, does Moises Alou have anything left? I need a left fielder and think he should get some RBI chances in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            Ian Snell of the Pirates should put up big strikeout numbers this year and will be able to pick up 2-3 more wins due to the offense being better. Just throwing him out there in the discussion. The rest of the Pirates staff should be DND unless you are in a deep league then Duke in the later rounds might be servicable.
            what do you think of Freddy Sanchez continuing his success? I was thinking of getting Duffy in a big league... I know he's struggled this spring but the Pirates said they aren't concerned.

I like Jamey Carroll of Colorado but it looks like Matzui might start over him... I don't really know much right now because I haven't payed much attention to spring training.. Still in the basketball mode.d
            Last edited by wsox08; 03-28-2007, 01:26 PM.
            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

If anybody is interested, Ive got some openings in my league. $400 entry. Includes transaction credit.

If interested, email me at predictem@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                If anybody is interested, Ive got some openings in my league. $400 entry. Includes transaction credit.

If interested, email me at predictem@hotmail.com
                This is a great league with some great competition.... :thumbs: 8X8 with the extra catagories adding to the fun, and Bonus $$$ for those that come in first in each catagory!!
                Draft is Monday April 2nd....
                "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

as for the sleeper...... Gerald Laird....a 18th - 20th round catcher who will steal double digits!!
                  "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

Andre Eithier- 5 tooler no one knows about

Comment

Kevin...I drafted Wainwright in round 13 in my NFBC draft. We all draft downtown Chicago/NY/LV simaltaneously. I want to show you the website so give me your e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by CutEmDeep View Post
                        Kevin...I drafted Wainwright in round 13 in my NFBC draft. We all draft downtown Chicago/NY/LV simaltaneously. I want to show you the website so give me your e-mail.
                        NFBC is some tough compitition, you should jump in Kevin's league to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                          what do you think of Freddy Sanchez continuing his success? I was thinking of getting Duffy in a big league... I know he's struggled this spring but the Pirates said they aren't concerned.

I like Jamey Carroll of Colorado but it looks like Matzui might start over him... I don't really know much right now because I haven't payed much attention to spring training.. Still in the basketball mode.d
                          Stay away from Duffy like the plague. The kid has amazing speed, and his defense is top 2-3 in the MLB, but he can't hit. He is put in the leadoff spot but doesn't walk....ever. He's Jeff Francour when it comes to plate discipline, but obviously without the power. He had a .300+ average for half a season, but can't keep that up. He was sent down last year and then being the enormous vagina he is, just up and quit, then came back crying and saying he wouldn't play unless he was with the big club. So obviously the tandem of Dave Littlefield(league's worst GM) and Jim Tracy(league's worst manager) put him back in the leadoff spot. They aren't worried about them because they don't know **** about baseball, either of the 2 idiots. They're the only combo in the league that would put Jason Bay batting 5th, ******* 5TH!!! That's absolutely assinine. He's not even the best option for the spot, Nate McLouth had better numbers at every stop in the minors and is being shoved to the side for him. Also, Andrew McCutchen will be here soon enough and save the day in CF.

Freddy Sanchez is a guy who I think can get near his success of last year. He has amazing plate discipline and puts the ball in play consistently. I remember last year, I don't think he swung through a pitch until about his 38th AB of the season, which is amazing to me. He may not get 50 doubles again, but a .310 average is about where I expect him to be.

The guys I would consider from the Pirates are:

Bay(.300/35/105 and a 1-3 round pick IMO)
                          LaRoche
                          Paulino(Batting over .500 this spring)
                          Sanchez
                          Snell(SP)
                          Torres(Closer this year, and a Pirates closer gets a chance to save about 80% of their wins because they won't blow many teams out)

Then Duke in a deeper league.

Comment

I used to LMAO when I used to play fantasy baseball and the dumbasses in my leagues would draft geeks like Jeremy Burnitz in like the 4th or 5th round, especially in a league where there are negative categories like strikeouts. Guys (friends) who insist they are the king of fantasy sports and **** too....and then they would wonder why I'd run away with every league, every year, LOL. The same guys who 2 years ago asked me in the draft room chat why I was drafting guys like Grady Sizemore early instead of the washed up dweebs that were still on the board like Barry Bonds or Scott Rolen who give you nothing more but avg numbers anymore.

IMO Sizemore is one of the 3-5 most valuable offensive players available. Right up there with Pujols, Beltran, etc, but hey, they wanted Jeff Bagwell, LMFAO.

In any case....not that I added anything to this discussion (I don't play fantasy sports anymore because I lost interest after last year), but I had remembered those things happening while reading this thread and they were still funny to me.

Actually, it may be fun to play with you guys who actually know what you're talking about and have some competition, rather than just spanking everyone all the time, but then again, it takes up so much time to do it right and compete, and like I said, I just don't have the interest right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                              Actually, it may be fun to play with you guys who actually know what you're talking about and have some competition, rather than just spanking everyone all the time, but then again, it takes up so much time to do it right and compete, and like I said, I just don't have the interest right now.
                              I know exactly what you're saying Stif..this is the 22nd and probably the last year that I've run an NL only Rotisserie league..I'm leaving because the competition is better in Kevins league and it's just plain boring to always be better than the compitition. (not that I'm any great player)

As for Sizemore..He'll be removed off the board of any draft where the owners know what they're doing by the 15th pick!

Comment

Working...
                              X