Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB-POD CONTEST ~ You can still join ~ IT'S FREE !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB-POD CONTEST ~ You can still join ~ IT'S FREE !!

Welcome to the Predictem.com baseball handicapping contest. Enter your best MLB pick each day to win prizes!

A MLB-POD (Play of the Day) Competition began on Sunday April 1st and will run for the entire MLB season. Please feel free to join in at any point.

The format for winners:
    • Monthly Winners ~ {1 monthly winner} All regular season NL & AL games played during each month {April thru September} excluding any Inter League played games.
    • 1st half Winner ~ {1 winner} All regular season NL & AL games up to the All Star Break excluding any Inter League played games.
    • Inter-League Competition ~ {1 winner} A separate competition that will include only Inter-League played games.
    • 2nd Half Winner ~ {1 winner} 1st Gm after the All Star Break to the conclusion of the Regular Season.
    • Full Season Winners - {6 winners} 1st place to 5th place and last place, encompassing the entire regular season only & excluding any Inter League play.

5Dimes $1850 MLB POD Contest Rules and Info

There are a few simple rules to this contest.

1. This contest is free however you are required to <a href="http://www.5dimes.com/index.asp?AffId=5D1792429">sign up for an account through this link</a> or already have an account at <a href="http://www.5dimes.com/index.asp?AffId=5D1792429">5Dimes</a>. You will need to email your forum username and 5dimes account number to predictem@hotmail.com to be eligible to win prizes. This needs to be done asap otherwise we're sorry but you won't be eligible to win a prize.

2. Each day we'll post the contest odds. This will usually be a post made by MEESTERMIKE. Lines will be made available on a daily basis by 9 AM EDT for day games and no later than 3 PM EDT for evening games. If a line for a particular game is unavailable by these stated times, the game will be considered a no play and off the board. <b>You need to select one play per day</b>

***PLEASE*** use only the daily posted ML (Money lines), RL (Run Lines) & GT (Game Totals) as your entry into the daily MLB-POD competition.

We ask only that you participate with a minimum of 20 plays per month in order to qualify for a winner's prize.

The winner(s) is/are/will be the person(s) with the most units gained at the end of the applicable segment, not the best winning percentage. This will allow people sufficient times, especially during the summer holiday season for anyone to miss playing some games, and still stay in the hunt for the Predictem Holy Grail.

Each and every MLB-POD play's weight will be = to 1 (one) unit only.

If your play is postponed by MLB, you may choose one (1) different game to play. You must only choose one (1) play and you must submit the new play prior to the posted start time for your new play.

Grading of plays will take place as follows:
    A play on a +125 dog = +1.25 units if your play wins; -1.00 unit if your play loses
    A play on a -125 fav = +1.00 unit if your play wins; -1.25 units if your play loses
    A play on a -1 1/2 +165 RL fav = +1.65 units if your play wins; -1.00 unit if your play loses
    A play on a +1 1/2 -165 RL dog = +1.00 unit if your play wins; -1.65 units if your play loses
    A play on a -110 Game Total = +1.00 unit if your play wins; -1.10 units if your play loses

Again I repeat, the winner(s) is/are/will be the person(s) with the most units gained at the end of the applicable segment, not the best winning percentage.

<b>Prizes:</b>

<b>$100 betting account</b> to the contestant with the most units at months end. (April-September)

<b>$250 betting account</b> to the 1st half winner (Winner deemed at All-Star Break)

<b>$1000 in sports betting accounts</b> for season prizes which include:
    1st: $500
    2nd: $250
    3rd: $125
    4th: $75
    5th: $50

One entry per household.

Monthly winners are limited to one prize per person/household.

Prizes must be rolled over 6x and no w/d for 30 days.

Reminder: You must sign up for an account (no deposit necessary) <a href="http://www.5dimes.com/index.asp?AffId=5D1792429">through this link</a> and let us know your forum username, 5dimes account number and if your acct is new or existing to PREDICTEM@HOTMAIL.COM
    Last edited by Meestermike; 04-10-2007, 06:39 PM.
    Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Count me in! BTW Mike, thanks for knocking me out in the 1st Round of the board's tourney challenge. :nuts:
    Thanks for all your hard work in organizing this. Bring on the MLB!

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Count me in as well, this should be fun.
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I am in Thanks for running this Mike:beerbang:
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Watch out for Daddy D this year. I'm all over the POD.
          “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
          1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

this seems like a great idea and I think I'd like to do it.

I'm IN
            Last edited by wsox08; 04-01-2007, 11:00 AM.
            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Going to give bases a good shot this year... Count me in!!! :beerbang:

Comment

Definitely in! Sounds like fun!
                2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Count me in:beerbang:

Comment

Sign me up

Comment

I'm always up for a good contest. Count me in

Comment

Wasn't going to do this, but then i looked at some of the chumps who have entered like GM and BK and i'm thinking i should probably email you guys my shirt size and ticket location preferences ASAP........... Count me in....should be fun.......

:laughing: :boom:

GL to everyone!
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Sounds like fun I'll give it a shot.
                          “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

:beer2:

Comment

count me in meester!:beer2:

Comment

Working...
                              X