Daddy's MLB Wednesday (3.28)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddy's MLB Wednesday (3.28)

Here's my morning picks. I'll post the later afternoon and night games by noon PST... hopefully. BOLT! :beerbang:

DODGERS (+115) = *1.8 Units
    - The Blue are tossing out 4 solid pitchers today. All with sub 3.00 ERAs this spring in 8+ innings, not to mention decent K/BB ratios. Lowe has been just downright dirty this spring with his sinker pitches. Robertson had also being doing farely well this spring until his last outing (5 IP, 5 ER).

BRAVES (+105) = *1.4 Units
    - Davies has been solid all spring, especially his last two outings. The other pitchers for the Braves are also not doing too shabby (McBride, Soriano, and the only one with a 5.00 ERA => Yates). Burgos however is stinking it up... come to think of it so are the other pitchers for the Mets tomorrow (Over 5.00 ERA => Heilman, Wagner, Park, Adkins.... Felliciano the only exception). A 1 Unit value play for sure. Only thing I don't like is some familiar names in that Mets pitching lineup who can put up some eggs.

DEVIL RAYS (+140) = *1 Unit
    - I'd take this value with Kazmir against the Phils anytime... well only in the spring... and as long as their record is (6-1-1) in their last 8 games. That's all, Brett Myers is also solid.

**NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TOUCHING THE CINCY/PITT GAME!
    - Duke has put up impressive numbers despite his spring stats. He's had 1 bad inning this spring. That's it. He's been solid otherwise. Harang has been bouncing around, couple nice starts and a few really bad ones. With the season drawing closer, it's really hard to say which Harangatang is going to show up. A solid start from Duke could cool down the Red Hots. Plus they're the only two pitchers that I've seen announced.

Season is almost here...
    :party:
    “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
    1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

I am loving the Dodgers pick. GL DD!
    :glass: MLB 20-20
    :chaching: Soccer 9-4
    :blackeye: NBA 0-3
    :phew: Nascar 2-4

Comment

I say bet against the Mets every game. They are the softest team w/ the best offensive talent w/ absolutely NO pitching which equals a great value for other teams during the year.

Comment

lol, the Mets are so bad, o yea and 2 more reasons why they won't reach the playoffs, they are ridiculously OLD and they don't play defense.

Comment

Thanks guys... not liking much today, but here are a few afternoon picks.

ROCKIES (+115) = *1.3 Units
          - Takin the Rox today for a few reasons. Got 6 pitchers lined up today, 4 of them having very solid springs. Also, major fade on Prior in the spring (who was supposed to pitch in the minors today, and prob won't make the rotation). He might get close to regaining his old form back sometime this century, but it ain't going to happen this spring. Reason the Cubbies have looked half-way decent this spring is because of their starters, doing much better than the relief coming in. With the Rox taking 7 of the last 8 exhibition games against the Cubs, see some major value here.

BREWERS (+100) = *1.2 Units
          - Seems like I make a play on this team everyday. Oh well, like this matchup against Noah Lowry who has really been strugglin his last 3 starts this spring. (12.2 IP, 17 H, 13 ER, 13 BB, 10 Ks) The Giants have taken all three against the Brew Crew at their park, I see some revenge in order as spring winds down. Giants have sqweeked out back-to-back 1 run wins, following a 6 game losing streak where they were outscored 39-23 during it. A Giants loss is definitely prime today. After getting shut down by Joe Kennedy yesterday, I expect Milwaukee to start their bats again behind their ace Ben Sheets.

RANGERS (+105) = *1 Unit
          - After getting beaten senseless last night against he Pads I see a bounce back game here from the Rangers. They've only lost back to back games once this spring, and have overcome some good matchups to make sure it has stayed that way. The three relievers coming in after Padilla all have sub 3.00 ERAs in 5+ appearences. I love Hernandez, but with Rhodes and Reitsma the only other scheduled pitchers, and neither will toss more than 2 innings, I can easily see a "bubble" player getting 1 last shot as well. Like the value here with the Rangers.

Might make a play on the Boston/Minnesota game tonight.... workin it now, wanted to post these ones now.

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Last play of tha day...

TWINKIES (-135) = *1.2 Units

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

The A's down 2 zip in the 7th
              Last edited by Dutch Goose; 03-28-2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Nah, they don't. It's spring training, very little is told about a team's projected performance based upon their spring training. And what can be derived is very inconsistent from team to team, year to year. Tell me that at the All-Star Break when they're last in the west, and I'll give it some consideration. I laid off them today. And for good reason, saved myself some money. As of now, I still have a close race between the A's and Angels.

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

4 hits against minor league pitching, yikes.

Comment

When I lived in Colorado a few years back, I watched the Sky Sox beat the Rockies handily on several occasions. Once or twice at Coors Field. In fact I'd say the Sky Sox won more often than not when they go up against the Rox. Maybe not the best example based on the team, but just ask yourself why this happens? Put yourself in their shoes. When given the chance to take the field with the "million-dollar" players, why wouldn't these minor leaguers put everything they have into their performance. To say you beat a "goliath" is a personal accomplishment that these minor leaguers might only get once chance to achieve. Heck who knows, a spring performance might be your ticket to the 25 man roster at the end of March. This is done at the same time as the million dollar players being carefree about taking back seat to these guys when there's nothing on the line for them (i.e.-spring traning). Sorry man, but I disagree, A's are a high-calibur team that I watch daily (in the stands for almost every home game the past 4 years), and have all the tools to take the west this year, much like they did last year. They might have a weak starting rotation, but that's a problem easily fixed by taking a pick off the scrap pile (like a Shawn Chacon) or trading. If I completely blind to something that makes them a horrible team, besides the fact that some young guns shut them down in a spring training game, let me know. Sorry if I come off rude, but I bleed GREEN & GOLD.

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

No offense taken, time will tell my friend.

Comment

Man do I hate Spring-T ties. Short card tomorrow, but I'm liking most of them. Post early tomorrow.

(2-3-2) -0.53 Units

--

1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Working...
                        X