x4/2 BAD NEWS BASEBALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x4/2 BAD NEWS BASEBALL

Finally here... Let's get the ball rolling. Here's to a great season, everyone! :beerbang:

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Houston Astros (-1.5 +110) 5 Units

Roy Oswalt is one of my favorite pitchers and last year he posted a 15-8 mark 2.98 ERA and that was a down year form the year before when he was 23-12 and a 3.01 ERA. As you can see it was the Astros offense as always that held him back despite him having a better ERA. At home he was just as strong and a bit better at 8-4 and 2.78 ERA. Typically I try not to play run-lines but Oswalt's starts agains the Pirates last year are strong including:

7 innings - 1 earned run (7-2 final score)
    6 innings - 1 earned run (14-1 final score)
    7 innings - 0 earned runs (3-0 final score)

With a little more pop with Carloss Lee in the lineup, I think the Astros can squeeze out the run-line at home today. Zach Duke lost both starts to the Astros last year giving up 15 total hits and 8 earned runs in roughly 13 innings of ball.

-----

Los Angeles Dodgers @ Milwaukee Brewers (-120) 1.2 UNITS

Mr. Sheets has always been good to me, so no need to turn on him now. Lowe finished the season off pretty well last year, but still get hammered for the occasional 4-5 runs in 4-5 innings. Lowe threw a 3 hitter (8IP) vs. MIL last Sept. (The only reason I think the line is so low). The Brewers heads were already in the dirt at that point of the season, and I think they can hit up Lowe today for at least 3-5 runs. That should be enough for Sheets to get his first W of the season.

GL EVERYONE!
    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

GL, Love the Astros play. Buccos will be without their best contact hitter in Freddy Sanchez.

Comment

GL today Hero.....:beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
      X