Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Monday 4/9

ytd 28-24 (+17.54 units)

What a shafting with KC yesterday. Blows ass to lose a +175 dog like that :bang:

So far today....

Phils +125
    Pirates -111
    O's -125

2 units each

Still working on the rest....

GL Stif
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Florida -120
      Arizona -110

2 units each

Leaning towards LA Dodgers and the Jays, but as everyone knows, i have a severe mental block laying so much chalk. I think both win though, so I might go ahead and try it.

Also liking Yanks/Twins over, SF and possibly MIN, on the strength of their bullpen, homefield adv, and the ****tyness of Pavano, although I don't really trust fat dough boy Ponson. So, still deciding on those...

Comment

We're on the same page today

GL :thumbs:

Comment

Heaven help me....

Dodgers -144

2 units

Comment

Good Luck Stif, on the Blue Crizzle as well

Comment

How bout that Phils bullpen :beerbang:

Not to mention the 30 guys they left on base. Boy do they blow

Comment

Twins +126
                Twins/Yanks over 10.5 -110
                Toronto -200

2 units each

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                  Toronto -200
                  LOL :beerbang:

Comment

LOL i know JML....everyone pretty much knows how I feel about big faves, but in reality, how could I NOT make a play on the Jays today?

I mean honestly...

1. I think Odalis Perez is a complete piece of garbage (as I said in JB's thread earlier). There is no excuse for that butt clown to even be wearing a major league uniform anymore.

2. The Jays smoked LHP for most of last season with mostly the same lineup.

Combine those two and I figured on the Jays for no less than 6 runs today, maybe more.

Then:

3. KC is coming off a terrible loss yesterday, and that's hard for a young team to bounce back from, especially when they had to travel and then play the next day.

4. KC was a complete waste on the road last season. I expect this year their record will be improved (both home and away), but they're still not gonna win more then 30 road games (max)....leaving 50+ road losses.

Combine all those factors, and really I think the Jays should have been a good -400 today....and I saw "value" in only laying -200....as stupid as it might sound.

And it's showing. Burnett is pitching like crap, yet KC has been unable to capitalize one bit.

Comment

One more play:

SF +114

2 units

I might be a sucker for dogs sometimes, but I've thought this one out, and I think SF has a better shot here than SD.

Many are sold on Young because he had a pretty good season last year. I also remember however, how ****ty he was in Texas. The guy just isn't Johann Santana or Roger Clemens. He's probably a mix between the guy who got shelled in Texas and the guy who did great most of last year....which would stand to reason that he has a 0-1 record and 4.42 ERA vs SF in 18+ innings. Very average.

But he has nothing to do with my play.

I am basing my play on SF getting some runs off Young, and Matt Cain having a nice start. The Padres offense doesn't produce runs well....and they are facing what I consider to be one of the best young arms in baseball, with the potential to be dominant in any start in Cain, so I can see this being a successful start for him. Cain also almost always goes deep into ballgames when he's pitching well, so it negates any losers SF would normally parade out of their bullpen on any given night.

If Cain gets hammered, well my reasoning was wrong anyway and SF can put whoever they want in to pitch because I'm gonna lose anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                        LOL i know JML....everyone pretty much knows how I feel about big faves, but in reality, how could I NOT make a play on the Jays today?

And it's showing. Burnett is pitching like crap, yet KC has been unable to capitalize one bit.
                        Yeah....I know what you mean on all points. I took some of the ML as well. 5 unit play for me overall.

Actually Burnett isn't pitching too bad...loaded the bases twice, but one inning consisted of HBP, Walk and broken bat IF single...and the other was 2 walks and another "swinging bunt" IF single. Both times he never looked fazed, and managed to get out of it with serious heat for sawed off bats or strikeouts. He's actually had dominant stuff tonight. 2 IF hits, no runs, and KC has barely got the ball out of the IF. KC has had at vleast 8 bats sawed off tonight.
                        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-09-2007, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Yea, I was basically referring to the walks....that's just too many in just a few innings. That'll kill him against the better teams.

Comment

Very true indeed...
                            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-09-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

JML-tough ending to your Leafs.....Would of been a hell of a series with Buffalo....

Comment

Working...
                              X