• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB wed 4/11

pirates +125

2 units

GL Stiffie! :beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Gl Mom

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Comment

Let's start the day with a W...:beerbang:

Comment

GL Stif
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

GL with the Buccos Stif!

Comment

gl stif
              mlb 2018 157-110 +42.74 2018
              nfl 2018 54-79-1 -21.4 units 2018
              mlb 2019 348-245-3 +70.2 units 2019
              nfl 2019 54-54 -21.2 units 2019
              mlb 2020 112-75-1 +33.35 units 2020
              nfl 2020 88-87-3 -8.4 units 2021
              mlb 2020 playoffs 30-17 +30.6 units 2020
              nfl playoffs 2020 11-11-1 +25.4 units 2021
              mlb 2021 271-226 +18.3 units 2021
              mlb 2022 240-239 -62.9 units as of 10-21-2022
              mlb 2023 122-103 -9.7 units 2023
              mlb 2024 15-11 +2.7 units as of 4-13-2024

Comment

adding in ytd record: 37-31 (+23.16 units)

Oakland A's -110

2 units

I said it last time Buehrle started, that he's an automatic fade for me at this kind of price. He had one good season....that's it. He hasn't done anything worth speaking of since, unless you are talking about how he was a one season wonder.

It doesn't upset me that there may be lingering effects from the injury he received when he was removed from his last start early in the game just as the Tribe was starting to unload on him, although I'm not counting on that being the case.

I also realize the A's lineup isn't nearly as powerful as Cleveland's, but I still like their chances to get enough to win here, as the White Sox "O" hasn't really done **** this year either after the first 2 games.
                Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 04-11-2007, 01:00 PM.

Comment

A's/White Sox over 9 (-115)

2 units

This qualifies as one of those system plays I was talking about last week. I haven't been playing them since the first 4 I posted that went 2-2, but they went 2-5 since. If the PIT/STL game goes under, that will add another loss.

I've decided I'm going to play these selectively, at least for now, and with this one, I'm banking on the law of averages here, plus that I really think the A's can get to Buehrle....while Kennedy is no ace himself, so I'm not seeing him pitching a shutout either.

I will probably be on the Arizona/Cincinnati over later with the same reasoning.

The other 2 plays today would be Baltimore/Detroit over and Tampon Bay/Texas under, neither one of which I am too fond of....and I see them probably going 1-1 at best, so I'm going to pass on those.

Comment

good luck with that over....should be interesting weather wise. it was 65 and sunny yesterday, then woke up to rain this morning, now it is partly cloudy/sunny and really windy.

Comment

Originally posted by beancounter View Post
                      good luck with that over....should be interesting weather wise. it was 65 and sunny yesterday, then woke up to rain this morning, now it is partly cloudy/sunny and really windy.
                      Hope the wind is blowing OUT towards the outfield, lol.

Something else I've noticed is that the A's tend to play more overs (at home) during the daytime than at night. Since you're from the area, I was wondering if you knew why that might be??

Comment

Baltimore +120
                        Seattle +165
                        Washington +245
                        Minnesota +145
                        Arizona/Cincinnati over 9 -120

2 units each

Comment

Good Luck today Stif

Comment

I'm wondering....is Jim Thome the absolute slowest player in baseball? Now I know he's no speed merchant, but how could he not score from first on that double by Konerko? Seriously, that thing was in the air FOREVER, and there were 2 outs, so he would have been running on contact.

RUN Jimmy RUN.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                              I'm wondering....is Jim Thome the absolute slowest player in baseball? Now I know he's no speed merchant, but how could he not score from first on that double by Konerko? Seriously, that thing was in the air FOREVER, and there were 2 outs, so he would have been running on contact.

RUN Jimmy RUN.....
                              Thome is slow but.... Konerko is probably the slowest besides one of the Molinas.. But I agree it would have been nice if he scored.
                              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X