Cliff Lee to the Phillies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliff Lee to the Phillies

Phillies acquire Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco for 4 minor leaguers! Does this mean Halladay stays in Toronto or do the Red Sox get him?

GOOD. I'm glad to see Philly didn't give Toronto the RIDICULOUS price they wanted for Halladay. I hope no one does.

From what I understand, the Jays wanted J.A. Happ, plus both their top rated pithing prospect and position player prospect.

Trade away a pitcher who has already proven he has the ability to compete at the major league level, and your 2 top prospects for a 32 year old guy who has been injured at least once every year since I can remember, and could blow out his arm tomorrow, or his knee, or whatever?

Hey, Halladay is great, but he is what he is, and I'm glad Philly didn't allow the Jays to rape them. Congrats to the Phillies on making a GREAT move by getting Lee instead, and with Francisco thrown in as well :thumbs:

Comment

The tribe being a small market team :puke::puke::puke:
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Cliff Lee is a good pitcher but I woudn't expect too much of him statistically in Philly as that field is a launching pad in this august heat.

I'm just glad the Yankees didn't "buy" him!

Comment

the phillies got lee for nothing essentially. Carrasco should be decent but knapp is 18 yrs old and on the DL. I'm fine with the move, but there are way tooo many lefties in this rotation now which is the only reason why I was hoping for halladay. We'll see how it goes but I'm not expecting any sort of cy young efforts.

Comment

Working...
          X