White Sox STEAL Jake Peavy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox STEAL Jake Peavy

Wow, they get one of the best arms in baseball for minor leaguers.

Great move for the Sox.

and they dealt tonights starter......LOL...

tiggers got Washburn....2 good moves

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Comment

Wow, that is interesting. He turned them down earlier and now he accepts. I thought he was out for the year, is he supposed to be back?

Comment

I'm not so sure. He's expected to return early September from what I read. I'm not sure how that gets him in top form come playoff time, IF the White Sox even make the playoffs.

Not only that, with the exception of his Cy Young season in 2007, his road era has always been quite a bit higher than his home era at pitcher friendly Petco park, actually being a pretty pedestrian starter with a 4.50+ era on the road.

US Cellular is more of a hitters park, if anything, so it will be interested to see how he does there.....not to mention he won't be facing some of the ****ty ass offenses the NL has to offer now, but some much more stacked AL ones.

Obviously he's a good pitcher, but all things equal, I would have MUCH rather gotten Cliff Lee, whom Philly really got for next to nothing. I do realize though that Lee may not have been available for Chicago, since alot of teams won't trade in division...

Comment

Working...
        X