Hump Day Baseball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hump Day Baseball

3-4 yesterday, you gotta love this Charlie Manuel-Howard Eskin battle that is going on in Philly, I say you fire both of them, because they are both idiots, ESKIN is the main reason Abreu got shipped, and the guy is a total clown, I dont know if any of you know the Philly sportstalk scene but ESKIN is a total idiot, but enough of that we got a nice card today!!

TB-Balt Under 4, First 5, 1 unit
    Angels-A's Under 7, 2 units
    Mets +102, 1 unit
    Injuns +124, 1 unit
    REDS -132, 2 units

gl today everyone, going to prolly add a couple more but this will do for now
    Last edited by PhillyFan3; 04-18-2007, 02:20 PM. Reason: added a unit to angels under
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Good Luck Philly

Comment

GL eagles :beerbang:
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

GL Philly Eskin is a jackass, but Manuel must go that was just stupid:nuts:
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Eskin is a total *******, there is no man I hate more then him (in philly sports media)....Hopefully this lights a fire under the team and we can get the ship turned around.

BTW, Charlie would have kicked his ass. haha

good luck philly
          NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
          NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
          NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
          NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

add:

Angels +100, 1 unit
            Dodgers-Rockheads O9.5, 1 unit

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

GM....

i think they are going to turn the page, but it all depends on how quickly they can get rid of Manuel....right now this team is playing with no emotion at all and its quite disturbing, they really need to bring in a manager who can light a fire under these guys asses

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Devil Rays -130, 1 unit

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

DRays.....GL today Philly! :beerbang:
                  Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                    GM....

i think they are going to turn the page, but it all depends on how quickly they can get rid of Manuel....right now this team is playing with no emotion at all and its quite disturbing, they really need to bring in a manager who can light a fire under these guys asses
                    We had that in Bowa but I agree, cant fire the team so fire the manager. Girardi is sitting out there, hope they bring him in there. We pretty much need some kind of change, especially if this incident by Manuel cant light a fire under their asses.
                    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Charlie Manuel is a worthless manager, but it's not his fault the team sucks so far. Manuel didn't go 0-13 with runners in scoring position last night. I don't think he's helping the situation, and neither did Bowa, but that team needs to take a good look in the mirror and realize that they flat out are underachievers, and always have been. Playing like **** for one manager is one story, but playing like **** for two managers in a row now is a joke. They could bring in the best coaches on Earth and that team still would not win a damn thing, IMHO. Burrell absolutely sucks, Rollins is simply not a winning baseball, and no matter who the GM brings in - it's a bad move. Adam Eaton and Freddy Garcia? Wes Helms? David Bell? I could go on forever...

Anyway, BOL with your plays tonight. As always, I hope YOU win and the Phills spin their wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                        Charlie Manuel is a worthless manager, but it's not his fault the team sucks so far. Manuel didn't go 0-13 with runners in scoring position last night. I don't think he's helping the situation, and neither did Bowa, but that team needs to take a good look in the mirror and realize that they flat out are underachievers, and always have been. Playing like **** for one manager is one story, but playing like **** for two managers in a row now is a joke. They could bring in the best coaches on Earth and that team still would not win a damn thing, IMHO. Burrell absolutely sucks, Rollins is simply not a winning baseball, and no matter who the GM brings in - it's a bad move. Adam Eaton and Freddy Garcia? Wes Helms? David Bell? I could go on forever...

Anyway, BOL with your plays tonight. As always, I hope YOU win and the Phills spin their wheels!

cuse,

here is my take on the phills...Manuel is a piss poor manager, he doesnt understand double switches, doesnt understand when to bring in the right pitchers at the right time, and when to take out the pitchers.... he also doesnt understand fundamental decisions regarding the sport of baseball, such as the bunting players over and the thing about this Phillies team is they have been making pushes every single year for the last 5 years, they just never make the right move, whether its the GM, Manager, or Players.... as for the underachievers I completely agree, Helms is god awful, the guy grounds out into dp's consistently, can barely throw the ball to first, if ur going to bring in a 3b, bring in a Hillenbrand type of guy who can actually hit the ball..Burrelll blows and always will, he never hits in the clutch...J-Roll, I know he might not be big with Mets fans, but the guy has turned his game around, he just ISNT a leadoff hitter and the Phills need to realize that..I like Garcia tho, he didnt have his best stuff but he can turn it around, THe Phills need someone who can work with a guy like Brett Myers who has some dirty stuff, but has the mentality of a 5th grade baseball player...This team can turn it around but its going to take a good portion of moves including getting rid of: Helms, Burrell, Rowand, Barajas, the whole bullpen, Eaton, Lieber.... who knows maybe the Phillies suck every year for a reason but changes need to be made, maybe a guy like Girardi or Bobby Valentine would be perfect to shape up these guys ....

allright enough Phillies venting, its just really frustrating after all these expectations and my team is ****ting it down the toilet 2 weeks into the season:bang:

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

I am not a fan of any Philly teams, but I'm from the area....and it's no wonder why things like this happen. Such poor upper management combined with zero patience from the fans = manager/coach/player changes all the time, and for one they never get a chance to gel as a team, and 2, they sign ****ty guys who are way past their prime just to keep the fans with some hope and keep them coming to the games because they recognize the names on the team. It's not just the Phillies either, the same holds true for the Sixers. Look at some of the dumbasses they signed over the last few years, before finally letting Iverson go and starting over, which they should have done 3 or 4 years ago.

The f'n idiot Philly fans even boo'd Mike Schmidt half the time for Pete's sake, who was IMO one of the best 3B of all time. They boo'd McNabb for how long? This is as much of a problem as anything if you ask me. No good or great free agents want to play in Philly and put up with that ****....so they always get the washed up crap guys.

Anyway, I don't see how you could get rid of Rowand. He is not statistically the best player alive, but he's a hustler and a guy who goes all out and actually cares about winning. I've heard it said that he was one of the clubhouse leaders on the 2005 White Sox world series winner, and that he was a big part of the team's success. Weather that was true or not, obviously I don't know for sure, but that attitude doesn't fit in with guys like Burrell who are more than obviously in the game just for the paychecks.

Ryan Howard needs to learn how to hit a lefty, and the Phillies need to put someone in the line up that hit behind him and either protect him a little bit, or drive runs in when they walk him just to get to Burrell cause they know he'll GIDP or K.

Freddy Garcia is just done IMO. There's a reason the White Sox let him go....and I believe it's because they felt the same way. Does his fastball even hit 85 anymore? That might work for Jamie Moyer or Tom Glavine, but it doesn't work for too many others....and I don't think Garcia is one of them.

Funny how the "good" teams recognize when guys are shot, allow them to go sign for 10 times what they're worth elsewhere, and replace them with a younger player with a much lower salary and many more quality years to play....and the "bad" teams with piss poor management are the ones who sign those guys (Orioles, Seattle, Phillies, etc).

Holds true in every sport too....

Comment

stiff, i agree with pretty much everything, but its tough to have patience when you have the losingest franchise in the history of sport, and yes it is very frustrating including when expectations are high, and the team continues to spend money and try to bring players in to fix the mistakes of the year before...Tough love is needed, guys like Burrell have been making 14 million a year and what is he doing, hitting .250-.260 every year and grounding into DPS, popping up in the infield, and strking out looking in key situations...I love Philly sports, and I am not one of the idiots that boo the guys dont deserve to be booed.... but guys liek Burrell who would lallygag around and never do anything in a clutch situation deserve all the criticism that comes to them...

I am not a fan of Rowand one bit, I understand he is a hard nosed player, but the guy is another guy that isnt the greatest hitter, doesnt have the greatest speed,doesnt drive in runs, and i think we already have eight of those guys, in bums like Helms, Nunez, Burrell, Werth, and pretty much everyone else except our big guns....why not go with a promising young center fielder in Victorino or Bourn who work just as hard, have better speed, and arent reckless in the field, I understand Rowand gives his body and his heart and everything on the field, but he almost killed the Phillies last year when he almost plowed Utley and ended his season..I mean he could be great in the clubhouse, but its not showing and I am sure the Phillies can fit a need by giving up someone like Rowand

Howard needs protection and does need to hit lefties better...and with Garcia time will tell, he only has 1 year on his contract and the Phillies didnt give up that much for him, because Gavin Floyd WILL NEVER PAN OUT, and Gio Gonzalez is going to be ok...

With people in Philly, you have to understand how passionate everyone is about their sports, all these people want is a championship and its been 24 years so I can understand the lack of patience..... IM really done with the Phillies talk now, hopefully in like 3 weeks I'll look back and be like ah its not bad as the Phills get themselves to like 15-13 or something like that.....

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

1-3 afternoon....Devil Rays blow....

Yanks-Injuns O10, 1 unit
                              Sox-Jays O10, 1 unit
                              CUBS -108, 4 units ... fade material, I dont hit any big bets!!
                              TEJAS +107, 1 unit
                              DBACKS -120, 1 unit
                              DEVILS(NHL) -120, 4 units ... dont play NHL usually but I really like the Devils tonight

gl tonight everyone!!

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Working...
                              X