Can somebody explain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody explain?

This is what is awful about following a game on the internet....if anybody saw this can they explain what happened?

DeRosa Singled
    Ronny Cedeno ran for Mark Derosa
    Jones walked, Cedeno out at second
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Cedeno slid past the base and was tagged out, never seen anything like that.....bound to happen in a game w/ 2 pretty bad teams, lol. God that game hurt to watch, the Cards won but God are they bad offensively.

Comment

yea something was screwed up, both yahoo and cbs got stuck after 2 on 1 out, then it was over, not sure what happened..:beer2:

MLB 24-13 :thumbs:

Comment

Cedeno was running on ball 4, he slid off the bag and was tagged by Eckstein. Initially called safe, LaRussa argued the call, umps confer and changed to out.

Comment

I unfortunately wasted my whole afternoon watching my Cubs. What happened on the play, was there was a 3-1 count I believe. Cedeno was running on the pitch, didn't know there was Ball 4, and slid into second. He slid through the base and his momentum carried him past the base, thus making him "live" and subsequently tagged out by Eckstein after Molina threw down to him.
          Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Wow....
            That is brutal
            If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Why Sweet Lou would put in Cedeno who has no business being on a major league baseball field in the first place is beyond my comprehension. I'm not going to touch a RL, ML, O/U or a Prob that involves these 2 teams from now on, they just play bad baseball. The Cards got a lead-off triple in the 9th and couldn't even make contact to get the runner home, same thing happened in the 1st inning but Rolen grounded into a DP....great pitching by both ball clubs but a horrific offensive performance all around.

Comment

That wasn't the only bonehead play by the Flubs in the game. DeRosa (I think) was called safe at first on an errant throw and missed tag (even though he missed first base in avoiding the tag), so when Pujols went to tag him, he started going towards 2nd base and was tagged out. Idiot. Any major leaguer should know not to run AWAY from the nearest base when someone is trying to tag you, ESPECIALLY once the ump has already called you safe at first. Just walk back to the base dildo....don't run towards second and make yourself a live runner!! Geez....

And then there was the popped up bunt that was originally called a triple play atfer Molina mugged the batter to get the ball. Any ump HAS to know that it was runners interference, and the batter was out....except obviously this one. He needed to have a conference with his fellow umps to be advised of the "new rule" I suppose. Another idiot.

It was just a stinky ass game to watch. Outside of the pitching, both teams were awful, and no one really deserved to win. I expected St Louis to be awful against Lilly, as they always blow against LHP, but I figured the Flubs could do at least a little better and get the W, but I guess not.

Comment

Working...
                X