Has anybody heard...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody heard...

Has anybody heard how well/how poorly the ball travels in the Minnesota Twins new baseball stadium?

I would think that if one could figure this out quickly that there may be some decent wagering value on totals early in the season there.

If the ball DOESN'T travel well there, that, in addition to the fact that pitchers always seem to be sharper early on than hitters who are still working on their timing could amount to some nice value for some under bets.

Anybody heard anything about that topic?
    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Well, I can tell you this ...

THERE'S NO ROOF ON THAT BASTARD!

Should make for some interesting games in April and October. That is if they're not all snowed-out in April ... and if the Twins reach October again.

I did see that left field is like only 350, and Mauer hit 60 percent of his bombs last season to left, so it should be interesting to see if he goes oppo-oppo for 30-plus this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
      Well, I can tell you this ...

THERE'S NO ROOF ON THAT BASTARD!

Should make for some interesting games in April and October. That is if they're not all snowed-out in April ... and if the Twins reach October again.

I did see that left field is like only 350, and Mauer hit 60 percent of his bombs last season to left, so it should be interesting to see if he goes oppo-oppo for 30-plus this year.
      no roof? are they craaazy?

wow.

I'm applying to school out in Golden Gopher-land for next fall, any locals/familiars able to give me a synopsis on life in the Twin Cities?

thanks in advance :thumbs:
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

I did a little google search and wasn't able to find too much.

There is this:

The preliminary dimensions for the ballpark are 339’ to left; 377’ to left field power alley; 404’ to center; 367’ to right field power alley; and 328’ to right. The outfield walls are 8’ from the left field foul pole to right center field and 23’ from right center field to the right field foul pole.

Not much really.

I also found out this:

While Target Field was being built, there was a huge concern over the nearby Hennepin Energy Resource Company (HERC), or the incinerator. While there isn’t a giant wall between the building and the stadium, there have been changes made to avoid the smell from ruining your first outdoor professional baseball experience.

Curious to say the least.

Q-Unit - I know the closer on the Gophers baseball team. Since he's a scholarship guy with little free time he never says much about the "nightlife." I knew a few others who went there, and they said the Mall of America was the best place to go out at night because there are like 20 taverns in the joint and it's a mall ... so you know there are chicks in there at all hours. If you are an outdoorsman, the area has some of the best hunting and fishing you'll find. Not much help I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post

Q-Unit - I know the closer on the Gophers baseball team. Since he's a scholarship guy with little free time he never says much about the "nightlife." I knew a few others who went there, and they said the Mall of America was the best place to go out at night because there are like 20 taverns in the joint and it's a mall ... so you know there are chicks in there at all hours. If you are an outdoorsman, the area has some of the best hunting and fishing you'll find. Not much help I know.
          thats more than enough for someone who's only been to the Midwest once, and that was Chicago last year...

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Q, I live in Duluth - about 2.5 hours north of the Twin Cities. There's so much to do within a $20 cab drive, it's insane. Tons of bars (vary from German, club/slutty, to quiet towny), museums, and of course the major sports in the area. Though I cannot give you too many specifics, I have never had a trouble finding a good evening to be had in the town. Great bar near the Metrodome called Burrito Loco (downstairs is a Subway-style burrito bar, upstairs is a bar with great drink specials - $1 you call it till 11 on Friday night) that I always try to get to when I'm in the area.

It can get bitterly cold up here, but it's a great place for those attending the university. Best of luck on your search!
            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---
            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by akatdrake View Post
              Q, I live in Duluth - about 2.5 hours north of the Twin Cities. There's so much to do within a $20 cab drive, it's insane. Tons of bars (vary from German, club/slutty, to quiet towny), museums, and of course the major sports in the area. Though I cannot give you too many specifics, I have never had a trouble finding a good evening to be had in the town. Great bar near the Metrodome called Burrito Loco (downstairs is a Subway-style burrito bar, upstairs is a bar with great drink specials - $1 you call it till 11 on Friday night) that I always try to get to when I'm in the area.

It can get bitterly cold up here, but it's a great place for those attending the university. Best of luck on your search!
              thanks man! yeah, I get all sorts of weather living on the great plains, we can have 100 degree summers or -20, 10 inch snow winters (which we just had)... on one day alone we've had snow in the morning that canceled school/city municipals, but be mid to high 60s by 2pm!

point is I would know going in the rough weather although, I'd imagine it'd be much worse, but its not a deal breaker for me to go to a good school that wanted me such as the U of Minn for this specific graduate school concentration

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
              X