Wow of a board Wednesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow of a board Wednesday

Surprised at some of the value on today's card ... I'm playing SEVEN games.

My day game card is a dog, a chalk and a total:

Minn. (Slowey) +116 - Slowey threw well in his opener, and many in Boston's lineup are struggling right now. I think Minny's deeper offense is better than the Sox, at least right now.

TB (Price) -150 - Price faired very well in his first start against the Yanks, my only fear is that he might suffer a letdown against the lowly O's. Bergesen is a stiff, I'll eat the chalk here.

Milw./Cubs O11 +105 - My first weather at Wrigley play of the year ... the wind is gailing out to left today. Bush is a firecan, and the Crew/Cubs usually play back-n-forth games with lots of runs, I'm all over it for underdog odds.

I'll be back later to turn in my evening card. Tease.

BTW ... I went 2-1 yesterday hitting Pitt and Cinn as dogs so I won back a few units.

I agree on the Twins...I think Boston really struggles to score runs as they have no depth in their lineup and losing Ellsbury takes out a big distraction. When there offense was stronger a couple of years ago they were 4-5 deep in top level hitters with Manny, Juiced Ortiz, Youk, Pedroia, Lowell, even Drew and Varitek to some degree. Now they don't have nearly the depth as Youk and the midget can be pitched around where as before they couldn't because you didn't want to load the bases for Manny or Juiced Ortiz. But atleast they play good defense so they can lose 4-2.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

One other good thing on Cubs/Brew is that neither Bush or Wells is much of a strikeout pitcher and Bush is a little bit of a flyball pitcher. I'm on it with you.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

My evening card:

Atl. (Hanson) -130 - The more I watch this guy the more of a stud I think he is. Plus, the line moved down all day so if the money is on the Padres, I'll take Hanson is a contest versus a dick (Richard).

Ariz. (Lopez) +162 - I've been watching Lopez for a few weeks now. A non-roster invite that threw lights out in the Spring to make the rotation, threw lights out in his first start. I just hope I'm not too late for the bandwagon.

Texas (Wilson) +100 - Another duel of young pitchers (like Hanson-Richard in Atl./SD), and in my opinion Wilson is the WAY better arm. Nelson Cruz and the Rangers lineup is better than the Tribe's too. At even money I'm getting up on the get down.

CWS/Tor. O8 -110 - The Jays are still hot and could push this over by themselves, but I'll take the Sox with me. Near no-no last night, so I'm going with my gut here.

GL!

Comment

Wilson has been scratched for Texas. Colby Lewis is starting in his place due to food poisoning.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I think that cancels my bet anyway, I locked in Wilson as the starter. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up BTW, I would have been bitching if they won and find out I had no action.

Comment

Working...
            X