Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

Another winning day yesterday and look to get some more back today.

NYY -1' -110 2 Units

I am shocked that CC is under -200 here. When I looked at Dallas Braden earlier this week I saw this as a spot where he was going to struggle. He has been very good so far showing exceptional command and moving quickly through the lineups he's faced. But he has faced 3 of the lightest hitting offenses, especially against LH's and now he will be facing the best, especially vs LH. Basically it's like facing a lineup full of Alex Rios's in his first 3 games now he gets a lineup of Chase Utley's. CC has also been very tough so far this year and has really looked sharp in all his outings while not extending himself much in regard to pitch counts. I think that will work in his favor and as a big game pitcher he shouldn't get caught up in pitching at home.

I realize the Yankees are typically overvalued but they are on a roll and in a great spot in against a slightly overrated pitcher, who although he has good skills will be tested at a different level this afternoon.

Milwaukee -1' -110 2 Units

McCutcheon showed good improvement in his last outing but he has broken 80 pitches this year and without going long in the game the Brewers get to feast on the Pirates bullpen. Getting 4-5 innings from them is a mess and this is a great matchup for Wolf. The Pirates have struggled to hit LH's this year and if McCutcheon is controlled at the top of the lineup it really puts a damper on the Pirates offense. Wolf is also exceptional controlling the running game.

Notes on the two other early games...I expect Jimenez to have a shorter outing but with their bullpen that shouldn't be a problem. I also think Hernandez comes back to earth a little but that line is too high to justify a play on either side for me. I was also surprised to see the Indians amazing tilt toward unders, but the back end of their lineup is really a joke right now. The guys they are running out there are brutal.

Some more on the night games later. And since it looks like I will be on an island with the two big favs today Good luck to me. :thumbs::thumbs:
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Good luck today bud. Looking at the same!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I don't love taking the big road faves but I think there are very good matchups for both today. And with Ryan Zimmerman out of the lineup for Washington today that would definitely be a no play for me.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

No data to back it up, but from memory guys tend to struggle the next outing after pitching a no hitter.

Also wanted to say your write ups are solid and make for good reading :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Stif...I think you are right on that and Washington has been swinging the bats well but with Zimmerman out of the lineup it is a very beatable lineup, especially for someone who throws 70% fastballs and throws in the upper 90's.

After a no-hitter with a higher pitch count I would expect a pitcher for the Rangers, White Sox, Mets, among others to struggle with their general approach to pitch counts and modern pitching injury information. Teams that are more progressive and proactive in their approach to pitchers and pitch counts and innings (like the Yankees, Dodgers, Rockies, Braves) I would expect would provide Jimenez with a 5 in outing ideally around 80-90 pitches at most in this game. It will allow him to get some work in and get him a lower workload to balance out the last game. Also with a steady diet of 95+ mph fastballs I think it gives him an ideal situtation to be successful.

It's enough that I can't back Washington without their best hitter in the lineup. On a side note, I like the Yankees even more seeing that they brought their full complement of players with only Granderson (who gets his rest against some lefties) sitting while also expectedly having Cervelli catching CC. Cervelli was behind the plate in the almost no-hitter at Tampa as well as the Texas game where CC was arguably more dominant throwing 58 of 73 for strikes. I expect more of the same although I don't expect it to be as out of control as the Brewers/Pirates.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I will also note...I am watching the Pittsburgh game on mlb tv online (which is awesome) and this is the 4th or 5th time I have seen their bullpen work and they just don't battle hitters at all. They are either scared to get close to the strike zone when trying to put guys away or just laying it over the middle of the plate like today. The Cinci game where they walked 5 guys in the 8th inning was sad as lopez and I think Donnely and Hanrahan weren't even close to the plate. And on go to pitches they missed by over a foot. Then today they are just tossing BP right down the middle. It will be a long season in Pittsburgh if this continues especially since the park is already struggling to get people in. So much for a new ballpark improving the team.
            MLB
            May
            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Picking up Donnelly was a joke of a move by a desperate team to plug a hole and pray for him to come back to his former success, which of course he never will since he is no longer allowed to take a nail file to the mound to scuff the ball, lol

Hanrahan just sucks. Always has and always will.

And that McCutchen guy who started today? Yikes. LOL.

I do like some of the offensive players the Pirates have in that line up though.

I think this will be the year the Nats finally turn the corner to respectability though, and possibly even inch close to .500, especially if Livan keeps tossing shutouts, lol. Seriously though, you can see already they have a better product on the field than at any time since they're in Washington. Still plenty of holes to be plugged, but none as glaring (imo) as in the last few years, and the offense has the potential to be very dangerous with a decent combination of speed, average and power.

Comment

I agree on Washington. Morgan is a legitimate leadoff hitter and with Zimmerman, Dunn and Willingham they have a respectable NL middle of the order and are starting to put some young pieces around them. They will need a second middle of the order bat near Zimmerman's level to replace Dunn at some point, and to make the next step but that need won't really surface until probably 2 years from now when their young pitching (Zimerman, Strassburg, Storen, etc.) have established themselves and are starting to explode.

But I really like how they compete on a daily basis and don't give up in any game. They are a fun team to watch.
                MLB
                May
                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
                X