Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday

After a tough 0-3 last night for back to back losing days I still like what I am seeing. Although the score and boxscore line didn't reflect it, Ubaldo was much less effective yesterday and the Twins were a little unlucky that so many batted balls were turned into outs and bad in that they were able to take advantage the many times they were ahead in the count or when Ubaldo left it over the middle of the plate so often. I also want to thank Dusty Baker for getting some work to his two best RP's in the 8th and 9th when he could have just sent in the bottom of the pen to give up a run or two. But maybe I didn't deserve that game either since the pitchers drove in the first 4 runs of the game.

Well tonight I am rolling with...

Cleveland -105 2 Units
    Cleveland pounds LHP's and these are the Pirates, a lineup that Carmona can dominate and won't get killed if he leaves a couple up. Maholm has been good but against much worse competition than Carmona.

Minnesota +115 3 Units
    Two Words...Joe Blanton. The Phillies caught the Yankees at a good time and did score some runs but most of their damage was done by infield singles and walks before one big hit. Blackburn doesn't walk many and Minny won't be hurt by putting Kubel in LF if they choose tonight.

Boston -140 2 Units
    LA doesn't get much more offense or defense by putting Manny at DH since they have no one on the bench. LA struggles with LHP. Boston will crush Monasterios without the forgiveness of Chavez Ravine for his fly balls to fall into.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Adding
    LAA/Cubs Under 11' -110 3 Units

The wind is blowing out but Kazmir strikes guys out and Silva is a groundball pitcher. Same situation as last week except I don't expect Silva was out celebrating last night since Venezuela didn't have any big World Cup wins. (Reference to Randy Wells performance post Stanley Cup win).
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

GL.

I like your Boston play and are on them too. Monataserous? is pretty close to a blow up game and I bet it comes tonight.

On Philly myself as i think they string a few wins together in the next week or so.

Undecided on the battle of the basement, but would probably lean with Carmona too.

I also like Houston and STL/Oak UNDER 8.

Comment

Working...
      X