Roy Oswalt Traded to Phillies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Oswalt Traded to Phillies

<p><b>Oswalt Traded to Phils:</b> The Houston Astros have sent P <b>Roy Oswalt</b> to the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for P J.A. Happ, OF Anthony Gose and SS Jonathan Villar. - 7/29</p>
    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Wonder how that will work out. I mean being from near Philly I sorta hope he does well, but my instincts tell me he's not going to be worth the pick up, and imho Philly is wasting their time on a has been with Oswalt. I mean if they wanted another "ace" to compliment Halladay, why didn't they just sign Cliff Lee when they had the chance? Really....it's not like there's a salary cap in bases (LMFAO), and Lee/Halladay would be a nearly unbeatable 1-2 punch in the playoffs.

I guess time will tell with Oswalt, but imho he's a shell of what he used to be, and obviously has zero upside if he doesn't perform immediately...plus (and I don't know the details of this trade) he's due like 16 mil next year or some ridiculous number, and he wanted it guaranteed before he accepted the trade. I sure hope the Phils didn't go for that. He's not worth 1/4 that much anymore.

Where Philly REALLY needs help is their bullpen anyway from what I've seen of them. Start by ditching another has been Lidge for a real closer, etc etc.

But hey, at least they didn't go for Carlos Zambrano, LOL

Comment

pretty much agree with you stif. As a phillies fan, I'm glad they addressed a pitching need, but not thrilled about getting a 32 year oswalt with a bad back and owed a ton of guaranteed money. Apparently Houston sent 11 million with him to help with the salary. I just don't see how this is going to be the move that puts the phillies back at the top of the NL. Oswalt just doesn't wet my bird. To have to pay the guy 16 mill next year and potentially again the following year is sickening.

Comment

Oswalt about two to three years ago would have definitely warranted Happ plus prospects - this year, it provokes a "meh" thinking. Now, it'll be interesting to see what they do with Worth...
        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---
        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Why again did they trade Cliff Lee?

Didn't they claim they had too, for money reasons. And now they take on Oswalt's bigger money. Bigger money for lesser pitcher ... good moves Rueben!

Oh, what could have been with Lee all season. Such a shame.

Comment

Working...
          X