Tuesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday

Not much for me today. I am finding plenty of reasons not to play teams but not many to get on someone.

I want to play Cleveland tonight but there are just a couple too many question marks. Huff being a flyball pitcher in a bad park for him, Santana being out, Hafner being out, Youklis status. I'll be surprised if Beckett doesn't get lit in atleast one of if not both of his next two turns (@NYY, @ Tex). Two fastball hitting teams in home run ball parks.

I'm taking a pass on Pitt, Balt and Seattle for the forseeable future. I just don't trust their offenses. I also don't trust teams like Houston getting it done on back to back nights. I like Tampa, Philly, Arizona and Oakland to get it done just not at those prices. I also wanted to take a run at Detroit today but Porcello has terrible numbers against ChiSox in his career (and I need to see more from his this season) and Detroit it running out half a major league lineup. Looks like it will be slim pickings for the next few weeks.

One for me.

SD pk 2 Units

I do trust Mat Latos and although I think Lilly pitches well for the Dodgers overall, he is susceptible to the blow up game when he doesn't have his stuff. Plus even with his limited stuff I like SD to be able to score 2-3 runs which may be all they need with Latos and friends.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Gl today Franchise. I love Latos overall as a pitcher, but this line stinks of something terrible to me. Why on earth is Latos -105 here?

Comment

I don't think the -105 is that far off the line needed to balance action on this game. Personally I like SD to win this game a little more than the line warrants but it appears to be drawing relatively even money on the game at this point.

I think Latos has an advantage over Lilly, although not as much as ERA or W/L might suggest. Lilly has been a very good pitcher this year with the exception of a couple of horrific outings, 1 due to the wind blowing out. He now gets a more favorable park with slightly better OF defense.

Overall for the season the Dodgers and Padres offensive numbers are fairly similar although the Padres have shown more variation in their home/road splits than LA, giving LA the perceived offensive advantage here. I think based on that information you could reasonable give Latos a little bit of a line advantage based on his results but that is balanced out by the Dodgers offensive advantage and playing at home.

But for me I think the additions of Ludwick and Tejada will help in a game like this where they won't be overwhelmed by a pitcher's stuff. These are the pitchers they can knock around a little and help lengthen the lineup. The Dodgers on the other hand are making their lineup worse with the addition of Theriot while also struggling to have someone anchor the lineup with Ethier and Loney struggling and Manny being out. Plus the Dodgers are probably getting a little discouraged by constantly getting beat down in the 2nd half (5-13) with 3 of the wins coming against the road warriors the NY Mets.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Lineups

Franchise,
        Where do you find lstarting ineups posted before the game? I look on espn, but they're up only few minutes before gametime...Wasn't sure if there was a sight that had probable starting lineups..thanks for your help!

Comment

The lineups are usually available on ESPN on their scores page about an hour before each game. There will be a lineup link under the game when it is is available. Some teams have them up consistently early and some are more like 20-30 minutes before gametime. The Cubs are one of the teams that when at Wrigley it occasionally comes up late. Another source of lineups is the beat writers twitter page. I am usually not concerned with the lineup but there are a few things with different teams that I like to look for when making plays. Some of those things are who's catching for the Yankees, Cubs, Jays. Whether a team loaded up their lineup for certain pitchers, how many regulars are getting rest during day game after night game (guys like Leyland and Torre sometimes go overboard on those days).
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

thanks for the help franchise, I appreciate it!!:thumbs:

Comment