Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday

A thin card in regard to options today for me. Nice night last night hopefully that continues.

Minn/Cleveland...Considering Cleveland as a play. Neither pitcher is likely to get deep in the game and if cleveland can get 2-3 runs off Duensing they should be able to add on vs the Minny pen. Duensing is likely to be out by the end of the 6th. Huff has shown flashes this season, atleast enough to get my money at this line. I just want to see what lineup each team is rolling out. Plus the line is growing and that doesn't hurt the value.

Toronto -120 2 units

Morrow has been rock solid at home and most of his struggles have come against fairly full Red Sox and Yankee lineups. With Pena out and Crawford possibly struggling with an injury (sat last 2 games) the rest of the lineup is manageable and Morrow does a good job of controlling the running game. Sonnastine, a flyball pitcher, is also facing a very good home run hitting lineup vs RHP with a worn out bullpen.

Oakland

Cahill is 2-0 vs Texas this year and has been very consistent. I'm leaning toward Oakland at what I think is a very reasonable number. I want to check on a couple extra things before I lock this in.

Boston/NYY

Waiting to see what lineup the Yankees use tonight but am leaning toward the Yankees team total over. They have scored 6 or more runs in the last 4 starts vs Beckett and 7 of 10 vs Boston this year. If Posada is starting at catcher that will be the play. Burnett has been great the last month except the inning after he hurt his hand vs Tampa and the last inning vs a good Toronto team. But I don't trust him with Posada behind the plate to get the W with his inconsistencies. He could throw 7 shutout innings or get lit for 7 in 5 innings. I think Beckett gets lit both of his next two turns against two good fastball hitting teams.

I also considered a couple unders in Chi/Balt and SD/Ari but they appear to be pretty popular and both of those ballparks can yield runs in a hurry.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

adding

Cleveland +150 2 Units
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

adding

NYY team total over 4' -120 2 Units

As I have noted on numerous occasions I don't expect a lot of Beckett because of his track record and how he has looked of late.

As for Brandon Morrow I would expect him to struggle in his next 6 outings as he is on schedule to face @ Anaheim, @ Beckett, home vs Yankees, @ Tampa, @ Yankees, home vs Tampa. That many turns in a short time vs the same good hitting teams and 4 on the road probably won't work out too well for him. But I'll take today's effort.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

NYY -115 2 Units

Moseley is a great matchup for a team that depends on the home run. He'll pound the bottom of the strike zone and matches up very well with the Boston lineup. Boston's runs scored and RBI's are 20th since the break and Ellsbury doesn't have his timing yet. I didn't love Burnett at -140 with his inconsistencies and struggles against Boston over the last 2 years. But with Moseley you know what you get and that is a guy who will get as deep in the game as the Yankees choose since he throws so many strikes. This low of a line is ridiculous IMO when NY is running out there full lineup against the flyball pitcher Beckett.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Beckett has made 4 starts this yr vs Yankees and lasted exactly 4.2IP in 3 of them. He lasted 5.1 in other start and gave up atleast 5 runs each game.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
          X