X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday

A couple today

NYY -125 2 Units

The injury to Burnett has created two very good matchups for the Yankees. Hughes struggles this season can be easily traced to the two 10 day breaks he received. Once returning it was obvious he didn't have the same command of his fastball or bite on his breaking balls. If you have seen his starts since the break he showed signs of life against KC but left two pitches up and was absolutely dominant in his next two starts against Tampa and Toronto. Tampa plated 3 with a walk, catcher's interference and Hughes one mistake of the game on a pitch that didn't miss by much. I expect a very solid outing against a lineup that he can overpower for the most part. The key will be not giving up multiple HR's to the Ortiz, Martinez, Drew section of the order.

The perception that Boston is this fantastic baseball teams has produced some nice value as ESPN keeps saying how good they are when they get all their pitchers back. Well the only person who hasn't pitched that great as a replacement has been Wakefield but he actually has a lower ERA that the man he replaced for most of those starts. If you go position by position around the field today the Yankees have a noticeable edge at most positions, the more in form pitcher, the confidence from beating down Beckett last night and the home crowd to back them.

I don't play against the Yankees very often but I will lay off the game when I don't like their matchup. So far this season they have had much more trouble with Toronto and Tampa than Boston. Yet the lines vs Boston are playable and against Toronto with just as good and sometimes better pitchers in Romero, Cecil and Marcum the lines are just unplayable because of the name on the jersey.

St Louis

I'm considering a play on the Cards because of the extremely wide performance level on the mound. Leake has been below average for 2 months and is only keeping his rotation spot because he started so good that his numbers remained respectable. He was a little lucky in the beginning of the season and it has evened out. But I am concerned about the limited offense of the Cards and their bullpen.

Arizona/Milwaukee

I'm also considering the over in this game. Two pitchers who like to give up the long ball against two teams who like to hit it.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

St Louis -135 2 units

Arizona/Mil over 9 -120 2 Units
    MLB