Fantasy Baseball...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball...

At work we are doing a fantasy MLB league of sort, although its not your typical fantasy setup....the way the league works is that there is 1o teams, and each team consists of 18 players. The only stat that is being tracked is homeruns. At the end of the year, the top three teams with the most homeruns win the top three prizes. Obviously the top picks are Pujols, Big Papi, A-Rod and so on, I was just wondering what some of you guys think of who the sleepers for homeruns this year maybe....Thnx!

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
    At work we are doing a fantasy MLB league of sort, although its not your typical fantasy setup....the way the league works is that there is 1o teams, and each team consists of 18 players. The only stat that is being tracked is homeruns. At the end of the year, the top three teams with the most homeruns win the top three prizes. Obviously the top picks are Pujols, Big Papi, A-Rod and so on, I was just wondering what some of you guys think of who the sleepers for homeruns this year maybe....Thnx!
    From the Jays....Alex Rios might be a value pick in the late rounds. He will hit 30 this year.

Comment

here in buffalo, our radio sports station is saying rios has the potential to be the next vernon wells...all i know is that rios had, and probably still does, a rocket arm...i think the blue jays are a sleeper team this year.....if they can keep AJ healthy...they’ll have a nice one-two punch with halladay and burnett, and a great closer in bj ryan....should be a great season for them IMO

Comment

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this so mods delete if not, but I do a GREAT contest every year that I know is 100% legit (because two years ago I finished 4th and was promptly paid, last season I finished 10th). The website is homerunderby.org

An uncle of one of my old college baseball teammates runs it or something. The setup is great because it makes you think hard on who to select and it's all pretty self explanatory. Again, my apologies if posting this is against website rules. I have no part in it except that I participate in it yearly and enjoy it so thought some others might aswell.

:thumbs:

Comment

im looking at some of these guys....any input or opinions and suggestions would be great....

Dan Johnson-Oakland
          Garrett Atkins- Colorado
          Chad Tracy-Arizona
          Wilson Betemit-LA Dodgers
          Ryan Shealy- Kansas City
          Brad Hawpe- Colorado
          Matt Holiday- Colorado
          Nick Markakis-Baltimore
          Mike Jacobs-Florida
          Prince Fielder- Brewers

Comment

see if you can add Adam Dunn for the reds but only count his at bats in meaningless situations like when it's the 9th inning and the reds are up or down 9 runs. he is golden in those scenarios. that way he would only take up 1/3 of a roster spot or so, and you wouldn't have to live whit his o'fers night after night in the pennant chase or in big games (can you tell i am soured on dunn....lol)

Xnady is a long shot if you need that type of guy. I like prince fielder. I would stay far far away from Frank Thomas. No way he stays healthy and hits like he did last year. My bet is he spends 40 percent of the year on the DL. Love Garret Atkins. Dan Johnson is very inconsistent in my opinion. That is why he has never stuck on the big club. GL! with it....
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

thnx flyers...i never did fantasy baseball before, let alone this type of format, but i do follow baseball closely...seeing its basically a HR only scoring system, i think you need to make good picks after the obvious players are gone....should be interesting, and yes i had dunn on my list, just didnt list him because most ppl are aware of him.....and i agree with the big hurt....might have to go out and grab one of those fantasy magazines to help me out lol

Comment

Shealy is a good pick, that dude has some serious power and I was furious that the Pirated didn't get him at the deadline last year when it was rumored that we would be getting him.

Adrian Gonzalez from SD is a guy that has one of the most natural power swings I have seen and is finally coming in to his own after a longer trek than normal for a #1 overall pick.

Carlos Quentin from Arizona is another young guy with some serious power that will likely be overlooked and can be had later in your round of picks.

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                  im looking at some of these guys....any input or opinions and suggestions would be great....

Dan Johnson-Oakland
                  Garrett Atkins- Colorado
                  Chad Tracy-Arizona
                  Wilson Betemit-LA Dodgers
                  Ryan Shealy- Kansas City
                  Brad Hawpe- Colorado
                  Matt Holiday- Colorado
                  Nick Markakis-Baltimore
                  Mike Jacobs-Florida
                  Prince Fielder- Brewers
                  I wouldn't take out Hawpe since he's not a big HR hitter. Holliday really isn't either, but I don't think they are going to allowed to use the Humidor this year so maybe that will change??? I love Markakis, Atkins, and Fielder. Shealy will probably go earlier than he should because of all the hype, but he should hit a bunch of HR's.

Not a big fan of Jacobs, as I see him more as a doubles hitter too. I assume you are looking for late pick talent though and he could produce.

Couple guys maybe more off the radar could I like are Mark Teahan, Jason Kubel, Jose Guillen (bounce back year), Conor Jackson, and Morgan Ensberg (bounce back year).

My super sleeper (if the Dodgers ever gave him at bats) would be James Loney.

:th:

Comment

thnx cuse....yea thats what i am looking at....

Comment

if you guys would be in this type of a league...and had one of the top 3 or 4 picks...in what order would you draft...order being, which player would go first, second, third and so on.....

Comment

Pujols
                        Howard
                        Ortiz

In that order.

Comment

Howard
                          Pujols
                          Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                            Howard
                            Pujols
                            Ortiz
                            :thumbs:

Comment

thnx for the responses guys....anything else i should target lol??

Comment

Working...
                              X